radio logos update

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Ok I got MartiniB of the Briskoda board who posted up the Phonostar radio logo file information to test the edit of VW to SE in those mib3 files to check whether it just needed that for Seat. Answer. The mib3 Skoda unit would not then see the files thus there is a cunning lock down procedure related to the signature you see in the file.

The only way of getting the radio logos for mib3 updated is via Seat getting Phonostar to do the work as VW and Skoda did although officially the Skoda update isn't released but that is they on the links and works for Skoda mib3.

I've unpinned the thread since I don't reckon we are going to get a user DIY solution. Needs users to nag Seat. A fact of life of owning a Seat Mib3. They control the logos. No lookup, no logo. Back to Seat HQ to sort out.
Tell
Strange issue. Just picked up new Cuora Ateca. Noticed when leaving dealer that Greatest hits logo was showing. This was for the Edinburgh DAB hub. I use use the Glasgow hub. When changing to that station there is no logo. Odd that there is the one logo on geographical basis. Most of rest of logos still missing so nagging needs to continue.

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Tell
Strange issue. Just picked up new Cuora Ateca. Noticed when leaving dealer that Greatest hits logo was showing. This was for the Edinburgh DAB hub. I use use the Glasgow hub. When changing to that station there is no logo. Odd that there is the one logo on geographical basis. Most of rest of logos still missing so nagging needs to continue.
I've asked MartiniB to post up when he sees an update on the server, he's added it to his list. Previous Phonestar files have SE in them for Seat, last one didn't so it's hit and miss but it's them that have the contract to supply Vag with the logo file. What I'm not sure about how much of mib3 has entered end of life as the 2025 models come out. We'll know if the navigation files change. If say they have a different format for the navigation file import you probably won't be seeing an update. Give it a year 🙄. Not very satisfactory that for mib2 you just save your own radio logo and import it but mib3 you don't. Guess pouring over the 2025 manuals to see what they say about logos may resolve that... in the meantime nagging for missing logos is the order of the day for Seat / Cupra.

Btw that will be the Edinburgh dab hub transmitting the PR but not the Glasgow one. Something else they can hide, behind, not us.

Reactions: Oldboy racer

Tell

Staff member
Another coding parameter has come to light which may help people in foreign parts where logos are turned off but would be interesting to check how it is currently set on European cars:

The parameter

function_configuration_radio-Station_Logo_DB_Mode

Not saying this would work on the current download. You have to check for SE in that file as mentioned on this thread. You never know it might reappear. I haven't checked on whether the download has been updated.

If that parameter isn't set correctly then the logos won't be updated but then neither will they get updated if the supplied file doesn't have the SE flag in it for Seat.

Trusty Dv52 / Don is on that Rosstech thread

Pass on the Gracenotes file that aaaaplay was looking for.

Oct 13, 2020
I presume this still is not updated for Seat users?

Looks like the link is still to the same database version and that only references Skoda/VW. I am way out of date with 1.30.40. I presume nobody has a version of 1.31.40 available to share?

Thanks!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.