Radio problems

CupraTDI_Rob

2004 Leon Cupra TDI
Jun 26, 2007
Colchester, Essex
The other day I disconnected the battery to reset the ECU but now I cannot get the radio to work, basically it won't unblock.
I have the code but when I input it and press and hold the prog button it just won't unblock.
In the manual it says before I enter the code the display should read 1000, but mine is saying 2000.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
mine was saying 2000
mine also got reset and the code i had didnt work

i remembered the previous owner saying he had it changed under warranty, so i went through every bit of paperwork i have for it and found a 4 digit code scrawled somewhere, put that in and it worked.

id lead towards sayin its not the original stereo mate, have a look through the cars stuff see if you can find another code

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Mine did the same, mate. I was tinkering with it while in traffic a week or two ago. I managed to lock the bloody thing and it was reading "safe" for about three days. I left the stereo powered up while in my house one evening and returned an hour or two later to see it was ready for my code.

Before that point, I couldn't get any response from it at all. No matter what buttons I pressed. It truly was locked.

Anyway, eventually it allowed me to pop in the code, as I said and it worked fine from then onwards.

CupraTDI_Rob

2004 Leon Cupra TDI
Jun 26, 2007
Colchester, Essex
mine was saying 2000
mine also got reset and the code i had didnt work

i remembered the previous owner saying he had it changed under warranty, so i went through every bit of paperwork i have for it and found a 4 digit code scrawled somewhere, put that in and it worked.

id lead towards sayin its not the original stereo mate, have a look through the cars stuff see if you can find another code

Cheers mate, I had a look in all the paperwork I got with the car and I found another code and it worked a treat :)