Raes t3/4 mk3 - updated 25/4

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Well rapidly falling out of love with the beeza. Going to check tomorrow but i fear my turbo hotside is cracked, i think this as i have noticed smoke and a little oil on the outside if the housing, obviously shouldnt be like it.
So basically, if its cracked, ive decided it will be getting broken as i cant spend any more money on the car.

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Nope no smoke at all.
Im not one to point fingers but im going to blame the last owner for it all. The crack may not be his fault but he done so much to the car but really bodged it all, so ive ended up paying out to fix everything he hasnt done right.
Im going to check the oil feed on top is not slack before i do anything, i just didnt have the balls today incase its cracked haha.
Its only a car but its getting me down all this haha

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Thats whats playing on my mind. If i do end up breaking it which i really hope not, then ill be staying vag and looking for a golf mk4 gttdi or something along those lines. Something baby friendly haha

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Looks like i landed lucky this time, when i fitted my strut brace it slightlynfouled the oil feed on top of the turbo, causing it not to seal properly. Removed strut brace for now and all seems well. Also made up some make shift bonnet raisers to aid cooling, will get/ make proper ones on due course.

Not my speedo aint working god damn

Sep 22, 2011
Hemel Hempstead
Stand on the passenger side of engine bay and reach round where the drivshafts meet on the gearbox and the sensor is plugged in there and has a silver heat shield pouch on it

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Few pics from today.
The leaky bastid, you can see its been rubbing on something
20130811_125146_zps61c79723.jpg

This stopped it sealing properly and made it leak a little

20130811_123700_zpsbba23b4b.jpg

We all love a bonnet less pic

20130811_125122_zps2e6aeb1d.jpg

And one of the rear of the bonnet raised, done this mainly to help cooling, do think it looks ok though

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Cheers bud
Yeah just ordered them today.
I noticed that you said you had got some and that got me thinking, so its all your fault haha

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
As long as it helps cooling in my bay. Im scared of melting things haha.
Need to get the laptop connected and do some logs also

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
They will meet, dont you worry. I just hope i dont break anything else ha

Cant get over it though, forgot how aggresive it is haha. Not sure if its normal but my laptop allows me to do dyno runs, so gonna give that a go sometime and see if it will give me a rough figure :)

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Well got the car insured yesterday, took her from mintlaw to aberdeen today ready to get a windscreen and mot.
Broke down once due to 3 coilpacks, but this cleared when plugged into laptop at the side of the road.

So all in all its going not bad

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.