Raes t3/4 mk3 - updated 25/4

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Long time since any updates, so here goes
Been having a few problems with the cupra lately so decided to buy myself a cheap daily runner and get the ibiza tucked up in my garage.
Fitted a tow bar onto my daily citroen xsara hdi and did this

Took the bumper off and hooked up my a-frame to pull the car
The main problem im having is the exhaust mani again broken, oil leaking from somewhere badly and just generally not running up to scratch
So put it in here with my mates project

Ready for the following
Engine out
New long ratio gearbox with solid shifter bushes and short shift
Large port head
New exhaust manifold (custom)
44mm vband wastegate
Interior stripped completely
Pair of bucket seats
Gear shift box relocated inside car
Wmi to be installed hopefully
Bigger injectors
Cash dependant.... Respray
Then logging, more remapping with more boost, hopefully get it running a lot more reliably with help from the remapper
Then back out to play

Sound simple
Lets see if i can get this all done by february-ish

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Well i was planning a respray but money aint gonna allow me :(. I have a mate who works at a body shop was gonna do the spray for £600 if i help with prep. Dont know if i would trust myself though? I was planning on going bmw sparkling graphite... Maybe some time in the future though ;)
Yeah the mani is doing my head in, i have all the materials to make the new one but, need to find somewhere to weld it and need to actually get to my garage haha. Wayyy too much to do. Wanted it done this month but moving into a new house and decorating etc has stopped me dead

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Been a long time since ive updated this, things are happening though. Slowly, but getting somewhere although seems like im going backwards.
Anyway, im going for the track car look, lightweight etc
So stripped it out

Thats it ready for sound deadening and heating to be removed, dash vents deleted then dash flocked
Then bought and sold some stuff to fund the rest

Sold that

Bought them

Due to arrive any day ;)
Also thinking digi dash but really not sure how they work and how much work is involved in setting up etc. thinking about shaving the wiring loom of anything that wont be used (music, heating etc)
Lots to do, but its happening, slowly

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen

Kind of copying you a little here haha
Got all the parts for manual steering, then losing the heating etc :redface:

Also in the makings for another map when its back on the road. Little more boost, along with better flowing manifold(s) and we should be onto a winner. Hopefully see 350-360bhp (possibly optimistic haha)

Kind of copying you a little here haha
Got all the parts for manual steering, then losing the heating etc :redface:

Also in the makings for another map when its back on the road. Little more boost, along with better flowing manifold(s) and we should be onto a winner. Hopefully see 350-360bhp (possibly optimistic haha)

Go for it. Be awesome when done. I loved it haha

Miss mine :( just been round to a mate with mk2 golf VR supercharged, he spun a big end bearing leaving early edition. Miss working on cars and thinking of new ideas to make it better and stronger

Bet your loving seeing all your parts built up lol

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Go for it. Be awesome when done. I loved it haha

Miss mine :( just been round to a mate with mk2 golf VR supercharged, he spun a big end bearing leaving early edition. Miss working on cars and thinking of new ideas to make it better and stronger

Bet your loving seeing all your parts built up lol

Aye it is brilliant working on it, have missed it since my last project. Ive just never been as deep into it as this so its quite scary incase i cant put it back together haha. Im all about making this better, not rushing it this time so it will be off the road a good while getting all the interior work and engine work etc

Aye its good having all the parts piling up, sometimes i just want to get in the car and drive though haha. Miss it so much

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Got a little more done today, all boring crap though :(
No pics but ive got the heating out now and started to remove the steering ready to start sorting out wiring. Waiting for my wiring diagram to arrive then ill start removing all of what isnt needed Any more.
Hopefully update soon with pics!

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Well this has come to an end... Was all going good, getting plenty done then the family car completely shat itself. So after a lot of thought, ive decide to break the ibiza aswell as the shitter family car to get a good family car i can rely on. It was good while it lasted haha

Well this has come to an end... Was all going good, getting plenty done then the family car completely shat itself. So after a lot of thought, ive decide to break the ibiza aswell as the shitter family car to get a good family car i can rely on. It was good while it lasted haha

Tit. :cry:

Sod the family car haha. On a serious note its a shame you gotta tear it to bits mate would of been awesome when do :(

What happens when you take on such a project I guess.

What's the new family hack going to be?

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
I know man, was gutted when i came to the decision, but with another baby on the way very soon i had to make the right decision.
Its not only the money for the project, its also the money on top that i pay for my lockup which isnt too cheap.
Im going for an audi avant. Either b6 or b7 model with the v6 tdi engine ;). Have agreed with the mrs that modifying is still allowed but not too much. So wheels and air are definately on the cards along with some smoothing etc. just gotta find the right base to start

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members