Rain/Light Sensor Coding Mk3 FR

iby104

Aug 2, 2017
Weird. Just seems to have started working :) must have reset something without realising.

Now I just need to adjust the light sensitivity as the headlamps are on all the time unless it's bright sunlight
I get the same problem, auto lights are too sensitive

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hussam

Jan 6, 2019
England
I've just removed the humidity sensor on an FR with no convenience pack and replaced it with the combined rain, light and humidity sensor. After some fun with VCDS I know have auto lights and auto wipers. Despite enabling leaving home function it just doesnt seem to work for me. Can someone who has VCDS and the technology pack mind scanning their config for me? I'd be interested to know both the coding and channel map settings for the central electrics module. I'm sure I need to change another setting but my German simply isn't good enough to understand the channels in VCDS.

Many thanks
Graham

Hi Graham,

I just got a question, how hard was it to remove the humidity sensor? and did you need to use a new sticky pad or used the same?

Thank you.
Hussam

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Hi Graham,

I just got a question, how hard was it to remove the humidity sensor? and did you need to use a new sticky pad or used the same?

Thank you.
Hussam

Fairly stiff removal of the sensor and if the existing sticky pad stays in place and is undamaged just use that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hussam

iby104

Aug 2, 2017
I used old sticky pad too. I think they stick it on the windscreen rather than the sensor, so u can get away with it

Reactions: Hussam

iby104

Aug 2, 2017
Did any of you guys thought about fitting the auto dimming rear view mirror?
Never had the chance, also if im gna get one, then it will have to be the golf 7.5 rimless mirror

Hussam

Jan 6, 2019
England
Fair enough, I am trying to keep it OEM as possible so fitting the standard one, I posted a forum in regards to the cabling, I am having some struggle understanding how to power it.

Jason0186

May 30, 2017
Burnley
I'd like to fit the light/rain sensor but my car does not have the trim from headlining to the mirror. Like Stu described earlier in this thread. Is it still possible to do?

astaller

Dec 20, 2018
Germany
Hello, have you installed an automatic air conditioning or manual?

Automatic air conditioning should already have a Humidity sensor installed and consequently a cable.

Jason0186

May 30, 2017
Burnley
Hello, have you installed an automatic air conditioning or manual?

Automatic air conditioning should already have a Humidity sensor installed and consequently a cable.

I have AC but as you may see from the picture I do not have sensor above mirror.

Attachments

• leon mirror.jpg
    leon mirror.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 185

billman

Dec 20, 2009
I just bought a used cupra 280 with auto lights switch and auto dimming mirror. How can I tell if I have rain sensor also? Is there a physical button or something on the wiper stalk for setting the wipers in auto mode like the lights? If not, I just buy and change the correct sensor?

astaller

Dec 20, 2018
Germany
Hi,

activate the desired functions in your multimedia system.
  • Set the light switch to AUTO and the wiper lever to the first position (this is the automatic modus)
    There is no extra button. The wiping intensity depends on the speed of you car.
  • Water the windscreen - the wiper starts.
  • Darken the light/rain sensor - the low beam switches on.
  • Unlock the vehicle at night - the exterior lighting switches on (= Leaving Home).
  • Switch off the vehicle at night - the exterior lighting switches on (= Coming Home).

Reactions: billman

Ash82

Aug 19, 2018
Manchester
Does anyone know how to make the sensor in the windscreen more sensitive so welcome lights come on at dusk? I’ve add this to my car and they will only come on when it’s pitch black ?

astaller

Dec 20, 2018
Germany
What say VCDS or OBDEleven at this menu entry?
Here are my standards:
ENG141656-ENG116608-Außenlicht_uebergreifend-Helligkeitsschwelle Forward-Messung: 46400 lx
ENG141656-ENG116605-Außenlicht_uebergreifend-Helligkeitsschwelle Infrarot-Messung: 0 lx

Also you can check at your mutlimedia system.
The must be an entry where you can set the sensitivity.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.