Rain sensitive wipers

iandjm

Nov 23, 2007
Isle of Wight
Hi,

I have rain sensitive wipers on my new Ibiza. hI had them on my Golf they controlled the intermittent delay, and also switched the wipers to fully on and high speed, depending on how much it was raining. On the Ibiza only the intermittent delay seems to be controlled, is this right?

Ian

jamjar

Jul 6, 2009
Hi iandjm,
Can the rain sensitive function be turned off if need be like on a motorway when some friendly neighbourhood birds have crapped on your windscreen while you are on a motorway and you would loose clear view if the wipers came on and smeared bird poo over your screen till you clear it after some w/screen washer and wipes?

iandjm

Nov 23, 2007
Isle of Wight
Hi iandjm,
Can the rain sensitive function be turned off if need be like on a motorway when some friendly neighbourhood birds have crapped on your windscreen while you are on a motorway and you would loose clear view if the wipers came on and smeared bird poo over your screen till you clear it after some w/screen washer and wipes?

Hi,

Yes it only operated when you select intermittent, so you can still select normal and high speed wipe

Ian

NorthWalesPie

On my Ibiza the wipers do change speed according to the rain when on auto.

There is a switch on top of the wiper stalk that makes it more senitive to the rain on the sensor in the windscreen.

It maybe this.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.