Random carbon box thing...

jaypee

Mar 26, 2009
I have no idea what this thing does, seems to run down to the fuel tank for gases? (circled pipe) and chucks em into the top of the engine via a relay kinda switch thing (arrow).

3893686006_b8e6484e50.jpg

Can I remove this, it seems to be ok without it? Do I join the two pipes together or block them off (I assume joining them is probably not recommended).

Do I need a resistor?

I've had a look on here about this, but I got 101 different messages.

Thanks in advance

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
just removed mine last week easy way to do this is get a 330r 10w resistor chop plug off and follow hose that goes around the rocker cover back to the t piece and block it off job done;) as for the pipe you have circuled just run some hose down the wing if you need pics can post them up tomorrow

jaypee

Mar 26, 2009
Thanks for the quick reply! Sounds good! Will get that done tommorow. Where did you get the resistors? RS Components? 10w is a pritty big resistor!!!

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Thats what i was going to say...even with the resistor you can get an eml because the resistance fluctuates or somthing. Thing a way round it was to take the top off an leave the original plug on. Then disconnect and remove the rest of the system the same.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members