Rattles/squeaking noise in the door area

EoinM

Do you think I can use this?
imgres

Is the one I have right now

Picture isn't showing. But if it's silicone I wouldn't.

I also use that stuff on the upper door seals, the fabric part to stop squeeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shutcorea

Nov 22, 2011
Mexico
Picture isn't showing. But if it's silicone I wouldn't.

I also use that stuff on the upper door seals, the fabric part to stop squeeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is showing now, had the wrong link.

It says "Liqui moly silicon spray"

meich

Jan 15, 2014
Hello guys,

here is my finished anti-rattle fix and accustic damping :)

ubatu6az.jpg

a3a6a7a8.jpg

Another rattle candidat, now insulated :)
y9u8yqeq.jpg

Von meinem Samsung Galaxy S4 gesendet.

shutcorea

Nov 22, 2011
Mexico
Thanks!!! And could you please explain a little how you remove the door panels? It'll be my first time ever and I don't want to break something :p

Thank you!!!

meich

Jan 15, 2014
Sorry for the translation on Google, but have no long written instructions and texts in English. :D

The first one solves the screws from the door opener and the door handle. Then feel the small lug on the underside of the panel. This is necessary to vigorously push until you hear it unlock. Then pull the shroud from bottom to top. Do not worry, clamp down to finger does not hurt much since. With gentle force remove the trim and lift off the top. Then disconnect the cables and Bowden.

Et voila here it is. It is important that you, the clip all heraushebelt out the door, and then brings in the original position. The spreader must be under the white cap (easy again pull up).

meich

Jan 15, 2014
Ps. My Car is from April 2014. AT first there was no rattle, but after 3000 Kilometre there was suddenly this rattle. A 5-Door Leon has another and smaller service flap. Most SC i know had this problem.

daniel575

Apr 2, 2014
Just brought my car in for another repair (handbrake issue) and they are going to fix this as well! There was a repair bulletin from Seat on getting this fixed on all Mk3s. They're going to fit some pads that should stop the rattle.

Everyone - visit your dearler, they should see this when they check your chassis nr in the system.

andy_l

Dec 22, 2013
Just brought my car in for another repair (handbrake issue) and they are going to fix this as well! There was a repair bulletin from Seat on getting this fixed on all Mk3s. They're going to fit some pads that should stop the rattle.

Everyone - visit your dearler, they should see this when they check your chassis nr in the system.

Interesting.. There is a 'noise service package' campaign (70F5) which includes the A-pillar fix and door cards, but the latter is marked as for 3-door models only. There is no detail regarding 5-door models.

When I took mine in for another issue, I told them about the now numerous rattles (both A-pillars, instrument binnacle, o/s/f door card, n/s/r door card). When I picked it up I was told that on test, the technician couldn't hear anything, other than when the central locking operates.... Classic. So I guess I'll be going out with a technician when I can find the time.

Andy

daniel575

Apr 2, 2014
Mine is a 5 door (UK SE model with Tech Pack, Sept 2013).
I actually brought it in the for the handbrake issue (other thread) and the dealer here said they're required to fix this immediately as well per their guidelines, even. It's a mandatory fix in the warranty system. Fine with me!

ma9mwah

Aug 13, 2009
will dealers get in touch to have this noise service package installed, or will they only do it if its taken in for a service?

daniel575

Apr 2, 2014
I suppose when you go in for service. I'd recommend everyone call their dealer and ask them to check in the system.

Have to note: I bought mine in the UK, then moved to the Netherlands and had some maintenance done there recently (incl swapping the lights), now I'm on holiday in Switzerland, and the guy at the Swiss dealer could see this right away and said the Dutch dealer should have fixed this when I was there a few weeks ago, he didn't understand why they hadn't taken care of it.
So SEAT's system is international, and, if this maintenance alert showed up for me, it should show up in their system for everyone I assume.... I assume all dealers are linked into the same network for SEAT servicing / reports stuff. Unless the UK are different and just the Dutch and Swiss and maybe other mainland dealers are linked into this system and the UK isn't?

daniel575

Apr 2, 2014
I suppose when you go in for service. I'd recommend everyone call their dealer and ask them to check in the system.

Have to note: I bought mine in the UK, then moved to the Netherlands and had some maintenance done there recently (incl swapping the lights), now I'm on holiday in Switzerland, and the guy at the Swiss dealer could see this right away and said the Dutch dealer should have fixed this when I was there a few weeks ago, he didn't understand why they hadn't taken care of it.
So SEAT's system is international, and, if this maintenance alert showed up for me, it should show up in their system for everyone I assume.... I assume all dealers are linked into the same network for SEAT servicing / reports stuff. Unless the UK are different and just the Dutch and Swiss and maybe other mainland dealers are linked into this system and the UK isn't?

Superfane

I had the car serviced in Romania for the same campaign and they've changed some plastic caps on the A pillar with some wider bands. Nothing on the door cards (I own a 5 doors FR). My brother owns another 5F (base trim - it's called "reference" in Romania) and apparently the campaign does not apply for his car.

Daniel575, did they changed anything inside the doors for you?

daniel575

Apr 2, 2014
It's the A-pillars for sure, I'm not sure about the doors.... it's only going to be done coming week, Tuesday or so.

Jonesy72

Jul 29, 2014
the cold north
My Leon sc had the same annoying noise. It went to the stealers on several occasions but the noise couldn't be heard. I ended up videoing the noise. Then I had my windscreen smashed by a nice trucker on the M1.After it was replaced the noise has gone. It's got to be from the a pillars.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.