Rattles/squeaking noise in the door area

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Just been advised that I have a recall on a 5 dr 1.2 TSi from Oct 2013 for a Wind Noise Service Package 70F5

Last edited:

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
Hello guys,

here is my finished anti-rattle fix and accustic damping :)

ubatu6az.jpg

a3a6a7a8.jpg

Another rattle candidat, now insulated :)
y9u8yqeq.jpg

Von meinem Samsung Galaxy S4 gesendet.

did this actually cure the problem ?

meich

Jan 15, 2014
Yes, but you had to use Alubutyl or something like this (heavy glueing) - so it's still fixed.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
Yes, but you had to use Alubutyl or something like this (heavy glueing) - so it's still fixed.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

would the outer panel be ok to sound proof , as i would prefer not to put this material inside the door in case if any PDR dent repair is needed in the future.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Here's a link to the service Bulletin for this issue

9 pages

cMdkcEY.jpg

jkRc1Di.jpg

fMiSiyG.jpg

qXVGlpn.jpg

t9j1PeO.jpg

CfYcgAr.jpg

WtSl2rW.jpg

EWJKFHX.jpg

5lalyxh.jpg

Hope it helps answer all the Qs

Last edited:

dillo

Aug 29, 2014
hi today i tried to remove the panel door, i arrived to remove all but remain attached the cable with the door handle... what i must do to remove this cable and separate at all the panel and the door?

gh2

Aug 2, 2010
Thanks for the tip-off dephead2004. I've been in contact with my garage who say mine needs to be fixed under this campaign.

mick_n3

Jul 23, 2014
Kettering Northants
Not looking good been to dealer today and according to them there is no outstanding campaign on my vehicle they have lubricated the trim but thats all they can do, I pointed out that there was no sticker in the boot to say it had been done, They advised me to speak to Seat re the rattles, mmmmmm I thought that was there job, rattle is now worse, they also checked the gearbox warning I had and need to order parts, and some of the other jobs either haven't been done or not done properly.

Anyway just come of the phone to customer care and they have raised a case number, looks like this could be fun, having worked as an aftersales manager at a main dealer I ain't going to take this laying down, could get interesting

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
Not looking good been to dealer today and according to them there is no outstanding campaign on my vehicle they have lubricated the trim but thats all they can do, I pointed out that there was no sticker in the boot to say it had been done, They advised me to speak to Seat re the rattles, mmmmmm I thought that was there job, rattle is now worse, they also checked the gearbox warning I had and need to order parts, and some of the other jobs either haven't been done or not done properly.

Anyway just come of the phone to customer care and they have raised a case number, looks like this could be fun, having worked as an aftersales manager at a main dealer I ain't going to take this laying down, could get interesting

the only way is to do it yourself , dealers never care about rattles or anything like that

i have a loud of sound proofing to do, spraying some wd40 and a few felt strips is not going to cure the problem.

what i can say is every car i have owned rattled , even a 60k mercedes cls

mick_n3

Jul 23, 2014
Kettering Northants
the only way is to do it yourself , dealers never care about rattles or anything like that

i have a loud of sound proofing to do, spraying some wd40 and a few felt strips is not going to cure the problem.

what i can say is every car i have owned rattled , even a 60k mercedes cls

Know what you're saying leonlad, wouldn't mind but they had no diagnosing to do I told them where the rattle was, and if you put a bit of pressure on the trim it stops, this is more than a little rattle now, so much so the continual buzzing is spoiling the enjoyment of driving the car, they didn't even Road test it, they can sort it,.

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
just added sound dampening and acoustic foam inside the doors

you can wack the bass up now and the door panels do not vibrate anymore , the car is a bit quieter inside too

no noise from either door when driving unless going over a really lumpy road

i would say it is worth doing even if your doors don`t rattle :)

ordered 10x new door clips though as mullered a couple of them

v66ouq.jpg

n6tl02.jpg

xbe0k6.jpg

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Had mine fixed today under the 70FS recall. Can't say I noticed any difference: quiet before , quiet after. Oh except for the new oil mark on the trim.

mick_n3

Jul 23, 2014
Kettering Northants
Had mine fixed today under the 70FS recall. Can't say I noticed any difference: quiet before , quiet after. Oh except for the new oil mark on the trim.

You're lucky I ended up with oil on the seat:censored:, followed by sorry it's not covered under the campaign, even though it falls well within the chassis numbers and no sticker in boot, ( they didn't even Road test it) Then they told me to phone CS to get work authorised :wtf:, finally had call back from CS today and to be fair they don't understand why I was told to contact them and where getting in touch with dealer telling the service manager to phone me today, yep you guessed no call.
I worked as an aftersales manager for Mitsubishi and always told techs and parts, it's the sales sell the customer the first car we sell them the second, there will be no second Seat for me, aftersales shocking, looking to see if I can get out of the pcp.
Shame really because I link the car just the back up is ******:censored:

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
You're lucky I ended up with oil on the seat:censored:, followed by sorry it's not covered under the campaign, even though it falls well within the chassis numbers and no sticker in boot, ( they didn't even Road test it) Then they told me to phone CS to get work authorised :wtf:, finally had call back from CS today and to be fair they don't understand why I was told to contact them and where getting in touch with dealer telling the service manager to phone me today, yep you guessed no call.
I worked as an aftersales manager for Mitsubishi and always told techs and parts, it's the sales sell the customer the first car we sell them the second, there will be no second Seat for me, aftersales shocking, looking to see if I can get out of the pcp.
Shame really because I link the car just the back up is ******:censored:

SEAT dealers came 13/13 I believe in the Autocar survey.

I am going to go to another one after the fiasco of the additional rear light (see other thread) the front bumper being wrecked by the technician whilst rectifying a parking sensor and today doing the recall without permission. Please sir we need to remove your non standard Tax disc holder. I'll do it!!

I don't want them within 20 miles of my car again.

SEAT UK CS are your only hope. They've been good with me and I'll give you another tip. There is a big cheese who sits on the board at VAG in Milton Keynes, who manage SEAT UK too. Alison Jones - Customer Quality Manager- bought in to sort out the problem of Customer Care and quality. I wrote to her about the DSG gearbox recall and in under 24 hours they were all hoping about. An excellent resolution followed.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.