RDS' Leon Cupra R

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
The car is looking in great shape mate. Love the colour of this silver; really reflects the sunshine so well. what finish have you opted for for the wheels? There's something about those wheel you know... :)

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
What are the plans for coming down? Is the hotel right near AmD?

Traveling down Saturday, I've not booked a hotel yet. Plenty of time still.

The car is looking in great shape mate. Love the colour of this silver; really reflects the sunshine so well. what finish have you opted for for the wheels? There's something about those wheel you know... :)

Cheers James, unfortunately my poor camera skills cant pick up how well it sparkles.

Wheels are going high power silver. I saw a picture of D.K's the other day and thought I may have made a bad choice, just cant wait to get them on and see how it looks.

Edit: this one of D.K's:
untitled-3105.jpg

The dark wheels look sooooooooooo good, but the last thing I want is a 'carbon' copy ;)

Last edited:

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
High power silver will look good, making them dark tends to make them look a bit smaller.

That they do mate, unfortunately my photography skills leave alot to be desired. I'm sure you can sort a few decent snaps out on the 4th ;)

before:
P1040411-1.jpg

high power silver:
P1040644.jpg

P1040641.jpg

(unfortunately I've got the big plate back on the front :( my dad caught the police taking pics of the front end when it was parked outside his house)

P1040645.jpg

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Picked my new oil cap up from Porsche, big thanks to Sam for helping me out. I've never been 100% on any of the caps I've seen until this one:
P1040636.jpg

Gave it a splash of red to match the bay:
P1040637.jpg

And fitted:
P1040639.jpg

Also due to all the joins in the Badger 5 V1 TIP I've opted to change it for this:
P1040638.jpg

Badger 5 V2 :thumbup: this thing is a monster.

In other news the car Isn't holding boost properly:cry:. It'll hold at 1.5 bar then drop to 1 bar and then jump back to 1.5bar. Could this be a faulty N75? really need this sorted before AMD. Any help would be appreciated and would be met with me adding to your ep ;)

Cheers for looking :)

Last edited:

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Just changed it mate, must be faulty. I'll put the old one back on and get in touch with Dave at Sere and see about getting another.

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Mate the wheels look spot on! Nice one. And the oil cap is perfect for that bay. Top work as usual bud.

On the boost issues sounds like N75 possibly MAF if not that. The N75's now aren't there 2 versions one ending in F and one in J on the part number? Am sure I read this on JamJay's thread ages ago. Might be worth checking that out.

Have you logged it on vagcom?

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Cheers mate, no logs yet. Not really done any spirited driving with the new valve on until today when I got the wheels back. I'll swap the N75 when I fit the TIP and see how it goes.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Never really seen high power silver before. They look awesome mate. You must be very happy. Did you go t for a powdercoat or 2K piant finish?

Hope the car starts behaving itself again very soon :)

LCR 225

Nick
May 1, 2010
Bristol
Wow! Those wheels look sweet you can really see the difference in the before and after pics! Oil cap looks great and I like the red touch to it to![B)]

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
You and me both James, hopefully swapping the N75 back will sort it out. Wheels are powder coated, the pics really dont do them justice. They're awesome and a really high standard.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members