Re-mapped LCR Performance

cuprajim

Apr 26, 2006
Cupraland
Anyone got any info on 'off the shelf' re-mapped LCRs (circa 265bhp).

Top Speed
0-60
0-100
1/4 mile times

I have searched but can't seem to find what I am looking for.

gae1431

Anyone got any info on 'off the shelf' re-mapped LCRs (circa 265bhp).

Top Speed
0-60
0-100
1/4 mile times

I have searched but can't seem to find what I am looking for.

Have a look at peoples signatures on the bottom of their posts, some of them have their times for 1/4 mile etc..

For 0-60 i would say a 260ish bhp remapped LCR, i would guess about 6/6.2 sec in the dry... you wouldn't be far wrong with this guestimate.

I have a remapped one so got a good idea of what it is. 0-100? Some of the 1/4 miles times are approx 14-15 sec and the speed is around 100mph so
0-100 is approx 14-15 sec mark and would cover 1.4 mile in this time.

Hope this sort of helps:)

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
I got a 15.2 at santa pod with my 180bhp LC. Only mod i had at the time was a green cotton panel filter.

I reckon a mapped LCR should be getting low 14's. Although the LC ko3s turbo is probably not much slower than a KO4 on the 1/4 mile due to the fast spool up.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Ben CTR got 14 seconds on the dot and he has stage 1 LCR. It is a lot to do with driver aswell, Ben so happens to be a very good one aswell as James.

cuprajim

Apr 26, 2006
Cupraland
My old E36 M3 EVO used to manage 0-100 in circa 13 seconds so a stage 1 shouldnt be too far adrift on performance methinks.

cuprajim

Apr 26, 2006
Cupraland
Would the gearing ultimately be the restriction then on top speed?

If the LCR ran a taller 6th gear would the extra power pull towards a theoretical higher redline?

Is top speed reached in 5th or 6th with the standard LCR gearing?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Would the gearing ultimately be the restriction then on top speed?

If the LCR ran a taller 6th gear would the extra power pull towards a theoretical higher redline?

Is top speed reached in 5th or 6th with the standard LCR gearing?

it's limit is the fact that you can't push the shape through the air any faster.....

There was someone on here who thought changing the FD on the Leon would make it 200mph.....

which is probably where many LCR owners think the top speed would be anyway

cuprajim

Apr 26, 2006
Cupraland
I agree that a power figure will push an object with a drag co-efficient through the air at a varying road resistance. This is often limited by gearing.

By increasing the power from 225 to circa 265 using gearing that is taller than the standard power can handle you will reach top speed with air resistance as your enemy. If the gearing is such that the car redlines before this, it suggests that the gearing has nothing left to give.

Someone answered that the redline is the restriction. So, basically the extra power at the redline from 225 to 265 suggests to me that 6th gear ratios are the restriction in achieving a higher top speed, not air and road resistance.

Being realistic, an LCR will never do 200. To gain additional speed takes exponential increases in power to overcome the increasing resistance.

GREY 225

Jim R
Oct 15, 2006
Dont think a remapped LCR would be any faster,still top out at 150 mph,you would be at rev limiter nearly at that speed,you need different gearing and probably a fair bit more power to go faster.Reampped LCR would get to 150 mph faster though than a standard one.