*-**Read this on another Forum... Just a Reminder... **-*

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Think this is relevant to all members of car related forums that disclose their locations in their profiles.

Basically groups of people have been browsing car forums, specifically ICE related ones and finding people with expensive setups, finding their whereabouts from their profiles and any posts they may have made saying where they live, and taking the contents of the car.

Just thought id post this on here as a little reminder not to give too much away on these forums because at the end of the day anybody could be viewing your profiles and what you write and the last thing you want is your car breaking into or worse it getting stolen completely!

Think most people on here are pretty clued up about this sort of thing but its happenin more and more recently so watch out for it

Mike

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
This is common sense, and also as a direct consequence we have had rules covering this, stating no reg plates should be displayed, unless of course the owner themself decides to post them up. Likewise in the spotted threads, disclosure of peoples direct locations is a complete no no.

Basically, only disclose what your comfortable with.

Be careful.

NeilW

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2004
Yorkshire!!!
My address is

74 Willow Drive, Hutton, Weston-Super-Mare, Avon, BS24 9TJ

Will someone please come and steal my Company Ford Focus as it's a complete shed :shrug:

:hide:

:ban:

Will the keys be in the ignition or are they on the small table in the hall, within easy reach of the letterbox?

Cupra_power

torque ain't cheap
Nov 1, 2004
the burbs...
My address is

74 Willow Drive, Hutton, Weston-Super-Mare, Avon, BS24 9TJ

Will someone please come and steal my Company Ford Focus as it's a complete shed :shrug:

:hide:

:ban:

:D :rolleyes: , hey it a company car... the second best 4x4 by far, only second to the wonderful......... hire car, for go anywhere ability:D

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Will the keys be in the ignition or are they on the small table in the hall, within easy reach of the letterbox?

PM me and I'll leave them in the ignition to suit

Mike_IbizaCupra said:
Are there any non standard speakers etc within said vehicle

Mike

Erm....nope, sorry for spoiling your thread which was full of perfectly good avice.

Note to Self: Stop taking threads off topic else you will get banned....again:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
If you have upgraded your ICE, and haven't yet been to this site, I would strongly suggest visiting www.iceregister.co.uk and registering to their service. I wont attempt to explain what the point of it is, as they make a much better job of it on the website!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.