Rear lenses - help please!

owlidonly

eBeeza under da sun
Sep 21, 2004
Malta
I'm so gutted! was doing some work on my car and I had to move it a few feet to get some shade... while reversing I hit two metal stands on the rear lamps. It's as if they were exactly aimed at them, but anywho... (refer to pics)

Anyone knows whether I can simply find and change the lenses? I'm sure the whole lamp would cost and arm and a kidney.
What if I had to remove the lenses altogether? Is that possible?

1371ddcd.jpg

202-0202_IMGSmall.jpg

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
The only reason I ask is because I changed my rear lights for the FR/Cupra ones. Consequently I have a full set. However, whilst looking for something in the garage last month I drop on of the boot ones:censored: I'm sure if you ask in the wanted section there maybe others who have done the conversion. At least you know where there's a set of three:D

owlidonly

eBeeza under da sun
Sep 21, 2004
Malta
cheers maxcars!

how would they have been black spyke? did he paint the surrounding bit? I think they look quite good without the lenses but I suppose they're there for a reason.
If the lights would do without the lenses I'll take them off immediately. Well then if they happen to get damaged I'd ask on the wanted section. I'm sure we won't be having any rain for the next couple of months anyway.

What do you reckon?

owlidonly

eBeeza under da sun
Sep 21, 2004
Malta
just found this from J.A.Kelly..
LightClose.jpg

Looks quite good actually... any update J.A.Kelly? are they still working?:D I'd need more convincing before I break the outer side rear lights as well.

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
Sorry just my view, but thats not for me - defo need to do the indicator to. Another option is to smoke the lights if your not going to put the FR ones in.

T. Spark

Or just buy FR ones, dont think they cost the earth, and then u can class it as god making u mod :d

owlidonly

eBeeza under da sun
Sep 21, 2004
Malta
I doubt whether we have FRs in Malta... at least I haven't seen one on the road. How much would they cost? I think I'll get a pair.

Jan 8, 2006
Manchester
haha... did someone up there actually think that i was running a black one and a red one?! lol...omg nooo...

I had a spare lamp and was jus playing around with an idea thats all. Iv not used that lamp, because i wasnt brave enough to smash up all my lamps just on the off chance it might look good!! Im sticking with my red lights i think

ta
JK

Jan 8, 2006
Manchester
the plastic clear lense cover has to be snapped off, the red reflector thing inside is just another peice of plastic...

this can be kept red, or be removed to be painted...whether or not it stays waterproof, who knows...

JK

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.