Rear ratlle

Timm

Feb 25, 2008
Notts
second thread today i know...

... i've got a rattle which is coming from the rear of the car, sound like it coming from the rear left but i have no idea what it is. i've check the exhaust and all is ok there but i'm thinking myabe suspension.

its sitting on V-Maxx coilovers by the way!

Advice? :D

Cheers
Tim

Last edited:

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
If its coming from the interior, maybe a clip has fell off the rear quarter trim and is rattling against bottom of the rear quarter? This is what my rattle was. Sorted now :D

MikeO

Never say die
Mar 16, 2003
Scotland
Visit site
Again... if interior. Sounds daft I know. But try removing each of the rear head rests one at a time. The passenger side rear one makes a hell of a racket in my car (and always has). Remove head rest and noise stops. Never been able to sort it.

Timm

Feb 25, 2008
Notts
sounds like an exterior rattle to be honest, more of a metal on metal. Like i say i've looked at everything other than the suspension but that's quite new so i can't see what the issue could be?

cheers
Tim

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
sounds like an exterior rattle to be honest, more of a metal on metal. Like i say i've looked at everything other than the suspension but that's quite new so i can't see what the issue could be?

cheers
Tim

Have you checked the tools in the spare wheel tool holder ?

Is the tool holder and the spare wheel fastened down properly ?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members