Rear Silencer Heat Shield

simwalsh

Hi Guys,
My rear silencer heat shield is loose and missing bolts, as i'm missing the bolts i've no idea what they look like, not even sure what the part number is to order, can anyone help me out?

Seat Ibiza Cupra TDI '05

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
If its the part directly above the back box, it doesn;t have bolts. The heat hield has two holes in it and they pres into metal splined type bits. Mine came off and I used 2 washers and welded them to the splines

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
If its the part directly above the back box, it doesn;t have bolts. The heat hield has two holes in it and they pres into metal splined type bits. Mine came off and I used 2 washers and welded them to the splines

I used thick pieces of rubber with a hole drilled in to hold mine on. Still holding from doing it a couple of years ago

simwalsh

beyb9s.jpg

Washers look a bit like this. Pretty sure they will fall off again as they just clamp on. part number is n 907 965 02 for anyone that wants it.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Washers look a bit like this. Pretty sure they will fall off again as they just clamp on. part number is n 907 965 02 for anyone that wants it.

I'd check, if I were you, that these retainers are still bigger than the holes in the heat shield. I am guessing that the area of the heat shield that was above the original retainers has dissolved due to the expected dissimilar metal problem. This affects all marques, maybe you need to cut up some bits of aluminium or buy some "repair" or "mud guard" or "penny" washers to sort this when you use the new retainers. I've discovered one area of one side of the exhaust on my V6 Passat has come loose - but its coming up to its 10th birthday so I suppose its allowed to have a few problems!

One other thing, I find that its best to clean out the grooves before fitting new retainers - and I've fitted quite a few new ones to retain the plastic side covers.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.