rear valance and exhaust tips?!?

mark90

Oct 31, 2008
hi..

Firstly, I have standard rear valance..no space for tip..and i also presume iv got the itle bended down exhaust...do i need new valance..or can the current one be cut out (neatly of course);)

Secondly,is halfords cheapest place for the exhaust tips...and do they all need me to cut off bend and add more pipe as is mentioned in other treads!!:rolleyes:

george130

Mar 6, 2008
Norfolk
If you have the pre-facelift bumper, you can buy an FR rear valance which already has an exhaust cutout...

Go to the dealer and ask for part number: 6L6807521BB41, and it should cost about £19!

I guess you could always cut your current valance out if you wanted, though it would most likely look tatty in comparison! :)

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
mini-25092008250.jpg

mini-25092008251.jpg

like this, i bought a new valance and had to get bend cut off and tip welded on, cant remember price of valance £19 is about right, and £50 for tip and welding, but then upgraded to this bumper just the other day

08122008129.jpg

08122008133.jpg

bertrum

Secondly,is halfords cheapest place for the exhaust tips...and do they all need me to cut off bend and add more pipe as is mentioned in other treads!!:rolleyes:

All of the tips at halfords have "ripspeed" on them :ban: lol.... I got mine from motorworld, £30 i think!

ramzy_86

Oct 13, 2007
Hi
Is there any way of fitting an exhaust tip to an exhaust without welding(preferably an oval tip)I have an ibiza tdi with twin exhaust pipes but it did not come with the exhaust tip(trim)I have seen audi selling a twin set of round tips but I would prefer the oval tip,but cannot find one and don't want to weld it on as I will need to take it of at some time.if anyone knows if this is possible and if so,from where?
Thank you

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
u cud buy the cupra ovel tip, buy from dealers and should slot over urs im sure, wen i priceed up a cupra backbox i came to find no such thing, its and ovel cover over a twin exit, hence if u look into a cupra exhaust a twim exit ;)

ramzy_86

Oct 13, 2007
u cud buy the cupra ovel tip, buy from dealers and should slot over urs im sure, wen i priceed up a cupra backbox i came to find no such thing, its and ovel cover over a twin exit, hence if u look into a cupra exhaust a twim exit ;)

thanx
but,how would it fit ,ive seen the ones from halfords,has an oval tip,but in inner side is round and is a max of 55mm diameter and my twin exhaust is circa 120mm diameter inc the space in between the two pipes.I remember some1 else on here who has the same problem and not sure if any1 had any ideas apart from the audi set of two round tips that fit on top of the exhaust pipes.(which is basically the fr tips)
thanx

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I think the Skoda fabia VRS chrome trim fits onto a factory twin exit TDI tailpipe. Well that's what it looks like when you are behind one at the lights.

ramzy_86

Oct 13, 2007
I think the Skoda fabia VRS chrome trim fits onto a factory twin exit TDI tailpipe. Well that's what it looks like when you are behind one at the lights.

thanx,
I reckon that all the vag twin pipe trim are the same and all would fit.I have seen this:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=260334718747.Im sure skoda or audi would charge the same if not more for this.My exhaust looks the same as the one in the first pic so it should fit.I have got the sport rider and where seat added some nice spec,they took of some nice things like an engine cover and chrome tips!

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
if you look on the seat website and look at the seat leon range they do a set of exhaust tips on there i got one for my 1.6 leon it was £50 but it does have seat sport on it...they also do ones for the twin exhaust also...
Image491.jpg

Image489.jpg

ramzy_86

Oct 13, 2007
if you look on the seat website and look at the seat leon range they do a set of exhaust tips on there i got one for my 1.6 leon it was £50 but it does have seat sport on it...they also do ones for the twin exhaust also...
Image491.jpg

Image489.jpg

Yeah,the oval tip should fit over my existing exhaust, as I had a lc before and have seen how it is.I have looked at the seat website and they don't have it on there,just the full sport exhaust,so will have to check with my local seat,but if anyone has a direct link to where they sell it be great\
thanx for all the help

ramzy_86

Oct 13, 2007
the double exhaust part number 1P1072000A price 66.55 at the time of print
1P1072000A.jpg

the oval exhaust part number 1P1072000 (the one on my old car) price 48.93 at the time of print
1P1072000.jpg

thanx for all the help
Il pop into seat during the week,I would prefer the oval one,but from the pic it doesn't look like it would fit on a double pipe,but will ask them.
Thanx again
Merry xmas and a happy new year

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
it would only fit if you got it custom put on as there is only one hole for the exhaust to go into... unless u can manage to get hold of a 2 into 1 pipe? unless u try buying two put them lenth ways and having somthing very unique if it fits?

Ruthers

Mar 13, 2012
Hartlepool
mini-25092008250.jpg

mini-25092008251.jpg

like this, i bought a new valance and had to get bend cut off and tip welded on, cant remember price of valance £19 is about right, and £50 for tip and welding, but then upgraded to this bumper just the other day

08122008129.jpg

08122008133.jpg

I have the same car and want to do the exact same thing! What size is the exhaust tip? I've been looking at a 6x4 oval. Is that correct?
Thanks in advance

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
I have the same car and want to do the exact same thing! What size is the exhaust tip? I've been looking at a 6x4 oval. Is that correct?
Thanks in advance

the car in the pics is my old ibiza, that tip want the nicest, i ended up getting a scrapped mk4 ibiza cupra exhaust and got it welded on, can't ask for more OEM than OEM itself :)

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.