rear washer problem

transporter42

got a 53 plate leon cupra ,no water from rear washer but motor works and got water leaking in the boot,cant see a leak anywhere from pipes etc...any ideas?:cry:

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
Yeah do a search mate. More than likely that the hose has popped off- either where it joins to the wiper motor or over the rear passenger side wheel arch. Failing that, it could be a blocked/corroded feed pipe inside the motor itself, which is something I fixed yesterday.

transporter42

Thanks for the advise everyone

found the pipe on passenger side rear was not connected but now leaking what looks like on the actual jet but not at the pipe join!soaking the boot:cry: so need to ask if anyone knows how to change the jet as wont just pop out?

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
Thanks for the advise everyone

found the pipe on passenger side rear was not connected but now leaking what looks like on the actual jet but not at the pipe join!soaking the boot:cry: so need to ask if anyone knows how to change the jet as wont just pop out?

The plastic section of the jet will just pull out with pliers and a gentle twisting action. Mine was all blocked in the brass tube. To get to this, take wiper arm off, remove motor from tailgate(3x 10mm nuts) then take the metal backplate off the motor assembly (7x Torx screws). The jet will pull out one end and the brass tube will pull out the opposite end.

transporter42

Thanks for your help,just had apart and found copper pipe was corroded and looks broken in half so leaking everywhere,do you think i can replace the bit with the pipe or need a whole unit?seen them on ebay for £30

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members