Rear Washer/Wiper

stevesulsh

MY08FR
Dec 8, 2008
Dublin Ireland
how to gain access to rear washer/wiper?

After trying to wash rear screen the jet feebly squirts about a quarter of the way up but washer fluid then seems to seep out of the bottom of both rear lights, question is how do i gain access to the connection for the rear washer jet?? i am assuming that something has become partially detached

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
Im getting the same issue...compared to the newer leon I had before the pressure was stronger the one I have right now is like a tiny squirt I'll prob take it back to the dealers (now that you have mentioned it) warranty work for the win :)

southyjd

how to gain access to rear washer/wiper?

After trying to wash rear screen the jet feebly squirts about a quarter of the way up but washer fluid then seems to seep out of the bottom of both rear lights, question is how do i gain access to the connection for the rear washer jet?? i am assuming that something has become partially detached

I had this problem with my golf, if its the same layout the feeder pipe from the engine bay runs through the roof lining, where it comes from the roof then down is a 90 degree connector so it goes down to the rear wiper. Mine had come loose. Figured it out when i refilled it one day and the stuff i used was really strong smelling and i could tell where it was coming from. Was just a simple case of uncliping the rear part of the roof lining and re-connecting the pipe.

stevesulsh

MY08FR
Dec 8, 2008
Dublin Ireland
Sounds like a job for the stealer unfortunately warranty only 2 years in Ireland don't know why but probably wouldn't be covered in any case as due to the pipes freezing and pushing off the connector not really a product fault.. in my case i really only need to take of the rear panel on the tailgate i think would have a go myself if i don't need special tools i don't want to go damaging trim or breaking clips have enough annoying rattles as is:D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.