Rear wiper

markirel

faster on 2-wheels
Apr 7, 2006
Midlands
Interesting, have you got a part number for the blades from Halford for the rear Markirel, I do need a set myself now after two years of being at the back.

Yes still got the packaging in the garage because they are supplied in packs of two. It's Halfords part number R03 which is for 400mm wiper refills. They need to be trimmed to length but work a treat. No point replacing the assembly, with the chunky plastic cover on the outside mine still looked like new.

any ideas ?

Time to part with money I'm afraid. No quick fixes. Mine jumped around the rear screen like a crazed raver and was about as useful (and noisy) as well.

dlm2310

Rocco Is God !!
Dec 17, 2006
West Yorkshire
well it's still got a year and half on warranty so back to the dealer it goes............again.

Love the car but it's been at the dealer's so many times I've lost count.

aceman

May 6, 2002
West Yorkshire
Visit site
I thought I noticed in other posts that some members had changed the rear wiper to the Skoda Fabia type - why?

Ade

The rear wiper on a fabia is of the "Aero" style just like the front ones on the Altea. They are said to perform better obviously but also look better hence why people have been changing them on their Leons etc. but I don't think anybody has fitted one to an Altea yet have they ?

Tell

Staff member
My thoughts, the Altea back windscreen wipers aren't that bad, mine needed to be replaced after two years and I took the advice here and used the Halford refills, £6-49 for two of which you need one, see the other thread for model number.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise