rear wishbone bushes

osorabjee

Has anyone had any problems with wishbone bushes on their 130 and a clunking noise over bumps from the passenger front wheel?
Any ideas?:(

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
join the queue fella , its a well documented fault ,with 3 options of repair,

1.keep replacing them
2 get cupra ones- more solid firmer bush
3 get powerflex polyurethane ones

have a blast on the search function ,youll see a load of useful info on here

osorabjee

whats the cost to get replaced at a decent garage?
Any ideas about a clunking noise from the front passenger wheel when you go over a bump?It sounds like it almost travels along the car under the gear stick?

osorabjee

What cost are you looking at?
My tyres are new all round but the old front ones were worn on both sides...due to my sliding around round abouts!!!LOL

sooty22

sooty22
Dec 28, 2006
nera richmond north yorks
yeah mate its a problem with the bad materials of the bushes lol seat ave replaced mine with the holes in the bushes been horizontal.... i thought the holes in the bushes should be vertical to absorb road noise and give the strenght on the sides where the wishbone pushes on te bushes? am i correct or is this theory crap?

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
Will get em to have a look when its in for some warranty work in couple of weeks! Wanna get all the issues sorted with it b4 it runs out!!

ELD

I#m having problems with my car in that it veers to the left an awful lot.

Thinking it was a problem with tracking/balance, I took it to the local ATS who failed to sort the problem! I then took to my local garage (which I've used for over ten years without problems) and they've diagnosed a problem with the wishbone bushes.

The car is still under warranty so I've phoned my local dealership to book it in and they were immediately 'suspicious' as if I was lying about what had been diagnosed, the problem I was having and whether or not any damage had been caused to it!

Can someone please tell me if they've suffered from this veering as a result of the bushes? Is it possible?

I don't know whether this dealership was being like this because they'd never experienced it before but their attitude has made me cautious, hence my enquiry! I want to be certain that someone else has experienced this so that I'm ready to tell them that if need be!

Thanks

mexicorich

Apr 17, 2006
Hartlepool
Yes
The bushes are a stupid design from new. Definitely not one of VW's better ideas
If there is any deteriation at all in yours it may wander
You need sloid bushes and then accurate setting of the camber and tracking

ELD

Can you tell if these are the problem WITHOUT removing the wheel?

The dealers denied this was the cause of the veering - even though they only test drove it - but have said they will repair under warranty although "it's not REALLY a warranty job".

mexicorich

Apr 17, 2006
Hartlepool
To properly assess the condition of the bushes you need to be under the car to inspect them carefully, but even in new condition they are a bad design

Parka

I thought I had the same problem with a clunking noise.
As soon as I mentioned it, the dealer thought it would be the rear bushes. They said it was a common problem.
In the end it turned out to to be the front drop link on the passenger side, not the rear bushes at all.

I was sure the noise was coming from the back of the car. :confused:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.