Recommendations of dealers - POST HERE (new upto date thread)

Ren

May 9, 2003
Aberdeen
Visit site
Town and County Seat, Aberdeen

The dealership where I bought the car closed down, then I noticed that town and county had opened a franchise.

Just recently got my leon cupra 10k service and a new rear screen replaced under warranty.

Service - given bottle of top-up oil and a bottle of seat screen wash (i'm guessing cause my washer bottle is usually kept filled and they didn't need to use much) - nice touch as they could have just kept the screen wash and I'd never have queried it.

Rear Screen - needed replaced as it was fitted too high, causing the wiper arm to score the glass (my original dealer probably should have noticed this in the PDI or something??). Part was ordered and replaced with no problems.

Happy customer so far.

Cran

Jun 9, 2003
Cambridge
Visit site
Marshalls Cambridge :thumbsup:

Bought LCR new in July, and just had 10k service.

Great sales, good price, and even lent me a set of trade plates because of a DVLA fcuk up with number plate xfer that resulted in a delay past end of the month which then meant I had to get the celica that I was part exing up to dvla for an inspection with no tax on it.

Had a 1hr test drive (just gave me the keys and said bring it back in an hour) in a chipped LCR... sweet!!!

No problems, so can't really comment on how well they resolve them :)

Service was good, did a while u wait service, took about 90 mins, and saved hassle with loan cars or lifts or whatever. Maybe slightly expensive for a 10K, at about £170 (was expecting about £120), but seems about average looking at other recent prices on here. Also had new front brake pads on top of that, and yeah I know I could get them cheaper and fit them myself, and they probably had a thousand miles left on them, but while it was there I got it done. I'm a lazy git when it comes to fixing cars now... I used to do everything myself but can't be bothered anymore.

tbh, when it costs £250+ on tyres avery 7-10k and does 22mph... a few hundred on brakes and servicing every 10k isn't that much.

Anyway :thumbsup: overall good sales and service so far, maybe slightly expensive on service, but I got a really good price when I bought it, and while it's still in warranty I'll let them keep servicing it, after that I'll shop around.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Francis Motor Group - Leicester

Bought a brand new car from them when local dealers wouldn't play ball, infact they completely took the michael.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31899

Francis Seat beat the Whatcar guide price and threw in met. paint for the wife's new '04 Beezer. Very happy with the service they gave me and even threw in a couple of bottles of wine when I collected the car - would have preferred a set of car mats but I got a very good deal and can't complain.

Speak to Mitch Robinson or Paul Douglas and tell them the deal you are after

:thumbup:

Last edited:

samm

Oil be back!!
Nov 5, 2003
Horsham
sammullahy.50megs.com
Sidlow in Horley, nr Gatwick. Due to the ongoing problems with my so called radio, I popped into Sidlow and asked when they could have a look at the stereo. The guy took my keys off me and asked one of the mechanics to have a look there and then! He came back 15 mins later and said they would need to take all the rooflining off to check the full length of the aerial cable and that this would take about 4 hours. I asked when this could be done thinking they would say weeks and it is booked in for this Thursday! I've had quite a few dealings with these guys now and they have all been good. Let's hope am not tempting fate! :thumbup:

RickG

Jan 22, 2002
Rotherham
Visit site
Ted Johnson - Barnsley

Picked up my Leon Cupra R yesterday.

The whole buying experience was excellent. (It must have been good because they managed to make a Yorkshireman feel good about spending his money).

I can also recommend them for servicing. They serviced my previous car (Leon Cupra - import) and I never left feeling any less than 100% happy.

Definitely worth travelling to. Luckily for me, they are only 20 minutes away.

Deebo

Jan 25, 2004
Wednesbury
Visit site
Seat - Trenton, Hull

Just wanted to pass on some info for Trentons in Hull.

I wanted a new LCR so I contacted all of my local dealerships asking what deals were available. I was told by all that no discount could be offered and I would have to wait 6-8 weeks for delivery. I couldnt wait this long as I was without a car so I started to scour the web.

I came across www.buyyourcar.co.uk and requested a quote. They came back with a price £1000+ below list with a waiting time of approx 2 weeks!! I thought it was too good to be true so I called them up. They seemed very professional so I placed an order. No money changed hands at this stage.

I then received a call from a Paul Sprott (Tel 01482 561 350, Sales Executive) from a Seat Dealership in Hull called Trenton ltd. Paul explained that he required a £500 deposit to place the order and he could source the car within 2 weeks. I was over the moon so out came the plastic!!

As promised the car was ready within 12 days. I was given the option to have the car delivered to where I live in Wednesbury (West Midlands) or I could pick it up, so I caught the train to Hull!! On arrival at the station I was greated by one of Trentons vehicle technicians who drove me to the dealership in one of their demo cars. On arrival at the dealers I saw my new car parked outside gleaming, I couldnt wait to get in and drive it home! Paul then came out and we checked over the car before I payed for it. I then drove home with a very big smile on my face :D

I really cannot fault the service I recieved from Trenton Seat and www.buyyourcar.co.uk . If anyone is after a new Seat I can totally recommend them :thumbup: .

clived

venger said:
Humphris - Oxford

Got the first service on My 03 Cupra done at Humphris and I would recommend them to anyone. Very professional and reasonable on price. I will be booking my next service with them!

venger

I'd agree with that. I've had three services there plus some warranty work on my LCR and they've been excellent.

keebo_sioux

I'm so dark I fart bats
Feb 8, 2004
Reading, Berkshire
Visit site
Spur- Hampton Court

just had my first service 10k at Spur (where I bought my car).

I had to book it in a few weeks ago to get a Saturday morning but that's fair enough, they had a look at everything I asked them to and fixed the minor washer problem I had.

I'll be going back :)

Paulie

David Penman Cars, Darlington

Cant recommend the above dealer enough. Just had the 100,000 mile service done this week (just under 2 years old) and this is the 8th service they have carried out - previous 2 were at supplying dealer (Listers, Cov).

Every time you visit Penmans the service is carried out without hassle and jobs promised to be done are done! :clap:

captain chaos

Apr 28, 2004
livingston
Town & County Perth Scotland

bought mine from Town & County Perth :thumbup: best deal given from 4 dealers,arnold clark edinburgh :censored: didnt think i was actually going to buy one so why should a salesman waste his time with me :thumbd: :thumbd: ,rutherfords eralston,livingstons glasgow, glasgow dealer seemed well set up and genuinly clued up but it came down to price to change and perth won it,had a couple of niggles :thumbd: ,car was delayed approx 2 weeks, supposedly down to my private plate? car had annoying rattle was fixed first time car was back to garage :clap: , and front disc had 2 rusty rings on passenger side ,both front discs and pads replaced no problem once i took the car in :D , service manager reckoned protective coating hadnt been removed fully from disk at pdi.
durring purchase and aftersale service has been one of my better car buys and would buy here again if there's nothing better comes along.
test drives are possible a bit short but suppose they want the demo to keep a low milage.

Last edited:

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
driveforward said:
Now you've said it.. you ain't got the car yet

:head: :hammer:

Too right Ian, I spoke too soon.

No dealer is good, they all screw up from time to time!

However, Marshalls of Bedford seem to come up trumps for servicing and parts whenever I use them.

Tony20VT

Spur Hampton Court

Just picked my Leon Cupra TDI up from Spur after its 10k service. When I took it in, it was filthy, could just about make out the colour under the muck. when I collected it this evening it had been cleaned inside and out :-o :thumbup:

Its the second Leon I've had, always used Spur and I've always found them to be really helpful.

NiK

Leon Cupra R 225 Platinum
May 11, 2004
Peterborough
Someone has already praised Marshalls in Bedford but I wanted to back it up.

The blokes at Marshall were great when it came to my Leon Cupra R. Give them a call if you need a Seat or anything Seat related. It would be worth the travel!

Blokes are Peter Moden or Nigel Jarvis.

Nick

TallFella

Hello Tom, come down Tom
Nov 6, 2003
Bedfordshiria
Visit site
NiK said:
Someone has already praised Marshalls in Bedford but I wanted to back it up.

The blokes at Marshall were great when it came to my Leon Cupra R. Give them a call if you need a Seat or anything Seat related. It would be worth the travel!

Blokes are Peter Moden or Nigel Jarvis.

Nick

Matt's the dude in servicing. Doesn't talk cr@p, on the level, all round good dude! :thumbup: .....and sorts a car for me every time, or they pick up and deliver (Bedford to Luton - 40 ish mile round trip)

mister.c.

mister.c.
Jul 5, 2004
Thornes of Wakefield

After 5 services I have never experienced anything other than average service I am afraid.

Car has broken down twice within one mile of leaving the place - running on 4 valves both times (so the AA man told me)

Generally they do not manage to follow your requests - for example (one of about 5 instances), wipers were requested ten days in advance, they did not fit them saying they did not have any, I pointed out that you asked me if i had any special requirements, i said wipers and you said they would be order them. They go to the back room and find them in 20 seconds.

Only blessing is its a company car, so the cost is not a consideration.

phat.sam

Banana Man
Apr 20, 2004
Chelmsford
Middle and Middleton - SEAT

Needed some parts for my Seat Ibiza Cupra 20VT the other day and as this is my closest dealer I asked them to look up some part numbers for me that I obtained from this site. My first impressions from this dealer where 'Oh my god, someone from SEAT finally knows his stuff'. After a couple of phone calls and fax's I realised the parts he was quoting me for where for a different shape Ibiza. He needed the Shassy No. to find the correct ones. So, as I was obtaining the V.I.N number for my car the parts man (Gregg) put me on hold, or so he thought. As I was scrolling through my hand book looking for the number I started to hear him taklking to hs mate there, Conversation went something like;

Hey, Got this Tw*t on the phone here, trying to mod his car. Just told me hes got the wrong shape, Knob head. Why do i bother helping tw*ts like this out. Needs his mum to take his dummy out of his mouth.

It went something like that anyway. How rude. Lots more 'F' words and more slagging off. I was like :-o The stupid thing is though, when I then told him that I heard that conversation it went silent and I bet his face went like this :redface: he then said, 'we get calls like this all day' No sorry or anything.

At the end of the day, I'm not trying to mod my car in anyway, 'HE' got the wrong shape and part as I told him the year and shape of my car. And surely its his job to help out a customer. I took relevant steps to making sure his ass get fired. :thumbup:

I now feel as though the service they provide is inadequate and I would not trust them to look at my car for a service. (thats my opinion anyway)

Cran

Jun 9, 2003
Cambridge
Visit site
Marshalls Cambridge 20K

Little expensive maybe, but did engine flush and didn't mess up the tyre pressures this time. [B)]

Only took 90 mins while I waited, offered to wash the car but I declined, supplied brake pads for £114.

Coffee and TV while waiting (not that daytime tv is a good thing :blink: )

Overall :thumbup: maybe a little expensive at £200 but not sure what a 20K service should cost.

Not so keen on the sales side now, and they had a LCR in showroom at nearly £19,000!!! (I only paid £16,000 for mine) but still no problems at all with service dept :thumbup: , but then again I've had nothing go wrong with the car to find out what they are like at anything apart from regular services :rolleyes: [B)] :cheers:

cpufreak

back in the UK
Nov 9, 2003
London, SW6
photo.ing.me.uk
phat.sam said:
Needed some parts for my Seat Ibiza Cupra 20VT the other day and as this is my closest dealer I asked them to look up some part numbers for me that I obtained from this site. My first impressions from this dealer where 'Oh my god, someone from SEAT finally knows his stuff'. After a couple of phone calls and fax's I realised the parts he was quoting me for where for a different shape Ibiza. He needed the Shassy No. to find the correct ones. So, as I was obtaining the V.I.N number for my car the parts man (Gregg) put me on hold, or so he thought. As I was scrolling through my hand book looking for the number I started to hear him taklking to hs mate there, Conversation went something like;

Hey, Got this Tw*t on the phone here, trying to mod his car. Just told me hes got the wrong shape, Knob head. Why do i bother helping tw*ts like this out. Needs his mum to take his dummy out of his mouth.

It went something like that anyway. How rude. Lots more 'F' words and more slagging off. I was like :-o The stupid thing is though, when I then told him that I heard that conversation it went silent and I bet his face went like this :redface: he then said, 'we get calls like this all day' No sorry or anything.

At the end of the day, I'm not trying to mod my car in anyway, 'HE' got the wrong shape and part as I told him the year and shape of my car. And surely its his job to help out a customer. I took relevant steps to making sure his ass get fired. :thumbup:

I now feel as though the service they provide is inadequate and I would not trust them to look at my car for a service. (thats my opinion anyway)

Thats odd. everytime I have spoken to gregg, he's been helpful, and polite, and knowledgeable :S