Red, black or blue

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Looking through people's RR threads I see a few different choices regarding the colour-scheme for your hoses in the engine bay. I'm starting to plan a couple of things like TIP, FMIC etc and have been having a perv over the Forge website. I've noticed that some of their silicon hoses are available in red or black, blue or black, or just black. So, if I decided to go with red for example, if there was no red available in a particular hose then I'd go for black in it's place (I think the big race FMIC is blue or black for example).

I think the blue hoses look better, but I also like the black/red theme that the car already has going on. So, I'm curious about other people's opinions. Not because it will necessarily influence my own decision, I'm just curious. What did you do? Red, black, blue or something else? And we want pictures or links to pictures where possible! :D

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
I'd say go black or red. I've gone for black hose's as I kinda want an OEM look in engine bay. But that idea went up the wall when I fitted coldside relocation for D/V:doh:

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Ha ha, yeah, despite liking the look of the blue hoses I'm definitely leaning towards red. Also, the Forge TIP is only available in "ochre" apparently, which looks red to me on the site

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
I took a bit of a gamble and in a quest to be different went for yellow hoses on a red car, and i'm happy with the results.
Why not look at the samco or sfs site and maybe choose one of the lesser used colours.

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Thanks Mashburn. Not fancying the idea of yellow myself TBH. Nothing against yellow, just don't fancy it in my own car.

BoomhaueR, purple may not be the worst idea I've ever heard... blue AND red, all at the same time :lol:

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
I wasnt necessarily suggesting yellow for you, but looking at what colours are available to try and keep your bay a bit different to everyone elses.

How about orange, or even lime green?! :D
At least with having a black car, almost any colour will go with it.

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
This is true... I'm trying to work on readily available colours mind you, and if I pick up some parts from Forge that come with pipes only available in red, blue or black, I want to make sure it all matches

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Ha ha, yeah, despite liking the look of the blue hoses I'm definitely leaning towards red. Also, the Forge TIP is only available in "ochre" apparently, which looks red to me on the site

The TIP is available in red, blue or black.
The outlet hose is ochre ( its red, i have one) and is covered by the silver heat shielding at the back, not really visible

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
I think Blue looks ok on a black car, but personally:

Go red if you want to attract some attention at meets/shows
Go Black if you want to keep it oem looking

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
go to sfs website and you can have a try before you buy and they got loads of colours ive got red on and was thinking yest i want to go all black now:(

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise