Refurbing Polished Lip Alloys

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Hiya Peeps,

Just a quickie, can this be done? I heard that its not possible?

If it is, is it cheaper than getting a whole wheel done as its only the lip?

Cheers

Mike

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
how on earth do the 2 of you answer each others threads all the time?

Mike it sounds like everytime you think of something you should speak to selina first :lol:

seli_babe

Don't Mess....
Nov 22, 2005
Bedfordshire
lol I know, its bizarre!

We think the same, plus she sits on SCN all day...where as I visit occasionally throughout lol

Mike

lol.. i don't sit on here all day I do flick between here, PSC, TRO & Type R.org.. lol... sometimes I just leave the windows open depend on how slow network is..

seli_babe

Don't Mess....
Nov 22, 2005
Bedfordshire
Right... I spoke to Wicked Wheels so far in Essex and they have said it can be done.. but advised me that we are out of there region and to call Prestine

seli_babe

Don't Mess....
Nov 22, 2005
Bedfordshire
Uhm OK.. Pristine don't do lips.. they would have to re do the whole wheel which will be about £94.61 per wheel then £8 to remove tyre and replace and re-balance, and an additional £10-£15 if they need to do major repares if refurb doesn't get scuffs out.

Wicked Wheels near us has said that he can refurb the lips but does it differently it's more of an alloy look than a polished look and that's £200 for all for wheels.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
You might find that the polished lip is a cover over the actual alloy lip, i thought that i had polished lips, but i found that it was only a cover fixed in place...
That again is a guess only as dont know which wheel you have...

Triple D

You might find that the polished lip is a cover over the actual alloy lip, i thought that i had polished lips, but i found that it was only a cover fixed in place...
That again is a guess only as dont know which wheel you have...

Bit off topic, but is your car at Listers seat today chap? as i was over there earlier and seen a car very simila to yours.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Nope, its outside on my drive with the camera on it... yep checked the tracker and its still where its meant to be... lol

Sure its mine, 19" Black Mesh wheels lowered tints spoiler red cloth interior....? Its quite unique....lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.