Reg Transfer - Read if you have 30 minutes free

r30lac

Jan 12, 2007
West Yorkshire
Hi guys,

Appologies in advance but I need to get this off my :cry:

I have a Cherished number on my current car that I am trading in for the FR, The dealer didn't want to run the transfer as they said previously it took a long time last time the new reg's were released.

So we managed to get them to pay the retention price and I would sort it out. Fine I hear you say, but as I have never done this I asked their advice on when I should start the process. Mid feb I was told as the retention would only take a couple of weeks.

I started the process at the begining of february thinking that I would have a couple of weeks spare in case anything went wrong.

I have got some of the paper work back but not the new V5, told the dealer this and they said it was fine and the trade in would have to sit in the compound for a couple of weeks if need be, but the new car would be OK for the 1st.

Spoke to them today and they have said that if I don't have any proof of ownership (ie V5) that the car would have to be delayed until I get the V5. :-o

Bearing in mind that the car i am trading in will need MOT, Service and Tax come the 1st, I will be stranded without a car.

So down to my question......... Does anyone know if the right hand side of the V5 would be enough proof. The dealer said the green slip would be enough but I don't know if I trust them anymore. They don't seem to know what they are doing.

Am I just worrying about nothing......

INSIDER

DYSLEXICS UNTIE!
Oct 17, 2006
the green slip will be fine i have personally taken cars in on just the green slip, its only when you have no part of the log book it causes problems because it is now against the law to sell a car without a logbook as there is no way you can tax it without

r30lac

Jan 12, 2007
West Yorkshire
the green slip will be fine i have personally taken cars in on just the green slip, its only when you have no part of the log book it causes problems because it is now against the law to sell a car without a logbook as there is no way you can tax it without

Thanks, That puts my mind at ease.