Remap in the Midlands

Ramrod

Oct 25, 2015
Where is recommended? - Leon Cupra mk1 1.8t K03S

Looking around Wolverhampton, Stoke, Telford, etc.

Google throws up a lot, all giving very close quoted power. EBay has a seller offering the cable for the obd port and a remap over email for £55 - is this too good to be true? Likely the same map as the £120 options?

It's all confusing!

Last edited:

Ramrod

Oct 25, 2015
So who, and where, and at what price? What's wrong with looking locally - that's not exactly a tiny area like one town I'm looking at, is it? Will I find no decent places across three counties?

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Speak to P-Torque, they are local to you and Will seems to know his stuff. Mapped my 1.8t mk4 Ibiza a few years back and i was very happy with the result.

Sent from my LG-G4 using Tapatalk

cupraNW

Jul 17, 2015
Wolverhampton
P Torque - Wombourne
DK Tuning - Wolverhampton
Midlands VW - Cannock

The three ones I do know of but a quick google or even a scroll down on the Facebook news feed for me shows up about 5 other ones.

Ramrod

Oct 25, 2015
Have you used them? Are they all good places to trust with my car?

Thanks.

cupraNW

Jul 17, 2015
Wolverhampton
Have you used them? Are they all good places to trust with my car?

Thanks.

Midland VW is probably one of the most reputable garages on here, used them for modifications to my car and they're great. They use revo so £400 map.

Dk will change you probably £250 but can come to your house too. Will probably add a few extra bhp to what you'll actually get when quoting maybe to try and persuade you to choose him but all reviews I have seen in a range of cars have been positive. Spoken to him and he seems a good guy.

P Torque I haven't used but will end up mapping my Cupra there in the next week or so if they get back to me. Think it's around £345 for map and dyno run and have nothing but positive reviews too. Recommended a lot on here.

Ramrod

Oct 25, 2015
Brilliant, thanks all for your input.

Car is only worth £1300 or £1500. Spending £400 on a remap seems excessive at this point in the vehicles life as I doubt it'll have any other mods done, just a daily driver. Will weigh it up and do something in a month or two.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.