Remap time saturday, but....

Jan 1, 2007
Retford, Notts
Well Uncle Pete from Bells is sorting my car this weekend. But, as he writes a map specifically for you do I go for what most people do ie 195-200bhp and rish a clutch problem.

Or do I scale it down a bit ie 180-190bhp and keep peace of mind?

I read somewhere that some chap had
0-500rpm 5%+
500-1000rpm 10%+
and so on....

I would be interested to find out how he's getting on, cant remember his name though. (Yes tried searching!!)

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I think it's > 300lb/ft of torque and low down spikes that causes the clutch to die prematurely, the LCR has 225bhp as stock and they use the same clutch as us? That said i've got custom code and mine still died, so it could be the way i drive - or maybe it's just a lottery and some are fine and some aren't.

I could be wrong though so don't take my word for it.

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
just have a chat with pete, it is down to personal preference

personally i wouldnt want to risk my clutch-doubt its a cheap or easy job to replace it

BlackCupraa

2.0 BOOST
Sep 18, 2004
Chesterfield
It would be better to not have a "kick" per se, and just have a smoothhhhhh torque curve, this will help save your clutch.

And as was said above its not the power that kills the clutch, its the torque.

A lot of people accelerate from 2000rpm with their foot flat to the floor, doing this will mean bye bye clutch. rather than progressivley placing their foot on the throttle. Its NOT on an on/off switch.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
As above, you want to avoid having any 'kick' of power really. If the power is linear, progressive and builds up evenly you should find it goes much easier on the clutch. Also, you'll find it easier to put the power down if there is no sudden spike, it all becomes much more usable.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.