Remapping the LCR - PerformanceTorque or REVO...

cobraman2007

Feb 28, 2007
Hi all.

I haven't yet got my LCR but come August that will change. Anyways, I will be getting a remap somewhere down the road (no pun intended) and was always thinking REVO as MIJ in Walsall do it (which is practically 15 minutes from where I live).

However, I have been looking at different sections of this forum and noticed Performance Torque also do remaps and they are based in Wolverhampton (once again, 15 minutes from where I live).

So I now have to choose where I want it done. PT says you get an appoximately 40bhp increase for £295 whereas REVO says you get 50bhp increase for £495. Now PT seems the obvious choice but I know REVO is more of a global brand than PT. Should this be a factor in my decision or should I just go for the cheaper option?

PT also offers a more "aggressive" remap for more money which means more power lower down as opposed to gradual pull in all gears. Also, for a little more money I can get the following... Re-map + Forge FMCL007P = £395 all in. Is this Forge FMCL007P necessary and what does it do exactly?

So PT or REVO for me?

Cheers - Cobradav2007

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
With Revo you are paying for the backing of the big name and a lot of R&D. Also the fact that the map can be turned on and off (handy for servicing, etc) if you by an SPS device and the more expensive versions of this also allow you to adjust other variables of the map.

Everyone on here who's used 'PT' seem to be very happy with the results and the service. They are however as I understand fixed maps which can't be adjusted and can only be turned off / removed by PT themselves.

I doubt there will be very much difference between the power increases between the two to be honest.

There's also Midland VW in Cannock that do Custom Code to confuse things even more. This is another more expensive and tweakable map.

You pays your money and takes your pick. It all comes down to features and service really.

Mar 5, 2007
If you need the ability to turn it off on the fly, get the Revo. Otherwise, I don't see any point. As you're not getting anything extra for the dosh...

I got my P-torqued a few weeks ago and it's great!

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
So I now have to choose where I want it done. PT says you get an appoximately 40bhp increase for £295 whereas REVO says you get 50bhp increase for £495. Now PT seems the obvious choice but I know REVO is more of a global brand than PT. Should this be a factor in my decision or should I just go for the cheaper option?

PT also offers a more "aggressive" remap for more money which means more power lower down as opposed to gradual pull in all gears. Also, for a little more money I can get the following... Re-map + Forge FMCL007P = £395 all in. Is this Forge FMCL007P necessary and what does it do exactly?

So PT or REVO for me?

Cheers - Cobradav2007

Two things to bear in mind....

Firstly, don't get too caught up on headline power figures. Every car, every map and every situation varies a lot so what you read from the website might not be what you get. But, in general, any good remap on the LCR will give you around 265bhp in the real world. The only thing that really varies is how it delivers that power.

Secondly, the Forge 007P is definitely worth it. It's a new DV (diverter valve, dump valve, recirculation valve... all ways of saying the same thing) and it replaces the standard item which is a known weak point and can (will...) fail, especially on remapped cars. The 007P is much stronger, can be customised to suit your car and can be serviced in the future if needed.

Price and power aside, there are other differences. For instance, Revo offers a range of SPS devices that allow you to alter the settings of the remap, turn the car back to standard mapping and offer some security features too. These are optional extras and cost more, but might be of interest. PTorque doesn't offer this, it's just a straight remap. Only you can say if that's of interest though... if not, PTorque does everything you need.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
With revo, to switch it off you need to buy sps switch with is around £100 +.
I prefer to to keep the map running instead of turning it off! if you drive normal! the MPG stay the same! but if you ground your foot thats different thing!

P torqe has ability to turn it off but at extra cost ( contact will for more info). Only if you giving car back for warranty work to be done on your car!

Aug 30, 2004
Stockport
Hi all.

I haven't yet got my LCR but come August that will change. Anyways, I will be getting a remap somewhere down the road (no pun intended) and was always thinking REVO as MIJ in Walsall do it (which is practically 15 minutes from where I live).

However, I have been looking at different sections of this forum and noticed Performance Torque also do remaps and they are based in Wolverhampton (once again, 15 minutes from where I live).

So PT or REVO for me?

Cheers - Cobradav2007

Worth a look www.e-maps.co.uk around £200 .00 and they come to you based in Walsall. I nearley went for this a while back but he wanted about £150 to come to me, finished up with APR well satisfied with this.

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
With Revo you are paying for the backing of the big name and a lot of R&D. Also the fact that the map can be turned on and off (handy for servicing, etc) if you by an SPS device and the more expensive versions of this also allow you to adjust other variables of the map.

Everyone on here who's used 'PT' seem to be very happy with the results and the service. They are however as I understand fixed maps which can't be adjusted and can only be turned off / removed by PT themselves.

I doubt there will be very much difference between the power increases between the two to be honest.

There's also Midland VW in Cannock that do Custom Code to confuse things even more. This is another more expensive and tweakable map.

You pays your money and takes your pick. It all comes down to features and service really.

Just to point out, you are paying for ALOT of R&D with us too, and our service has to be perfect. As its my business, I always look after customers, and offer before and after service and advice.

Also, unlike a dealer set-up, P-Torque doesn't have to profit on top of paying a HQ for programmes and support.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
for me its all about the garage doing it.

if you can get on with them, and they explain what there doing, they get my vote.

i liked the tuner i used as it was there own map and they had to back that up whatever. there reputation was at stake. id guess a small independent has alot more to lose from a single failure than a large one.

just my thoughts

Mar 5, 2007
I don't even know what an engine is and I got a remap!

I think the point though really, is that you don't need a "Big Name" franchised dealer to map your car. From what I've read on this forum, I've seen no discernible difference in quality between any of them. It all comes down to what price and what style you want.

The fact the p-torque one boosts pretty much up to the redline was a big factor for me. As even in stock form the LCR has more than enough punch low down for standard crusing. Add to the fact 70% of my driving is standard pootling, 20% sprited and about 5% hard it suits me fine. As when you really want to give it some, it's nice for it to not run out of puff at 5k rpm!

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
I don't even know what an engine is and I got a remap!

I think the point though really, is that you don't need a "Big Name" franchised dealer to map your car. From what I've read on this forum, I've seen no discernible difference in quality between any of them. It all comes down to what price and what style you want.

The fact the p-torque one boosts pretty much up to the redline was a big factor for me. As even in stock form the LCR has more than enough punch low down for standard crusing. Add to the fact 70% of my driving is standard pootling, 20% sprited and about 5% hard it suits me fine. As when you really want to give it some, it's nice for it to not run out of puff at 5k rpm!

Well mines around 70% normal driving and he rest sprinting from A to B. Mines is remapped by PT. The mpg has effected at all when driving at the speed limit!
LCR will have bigger pull in low end than a LC will!

Mar 5, 2007
Yeah it's good. With less aggressive down very low you can maintain a decent MPG. Then give the engine more juice and revs when you want to go fast.

It's like as standard the LCR and say CTR are very different beasts. With the CTR needing to be ragged to much to make ANY decent progress, and the LCR running out too quickly (but IMO still the much preferred method). This sort of map, as well as adding power, helps address this issue slightly.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
choosing a remap is like choosing condoms:
do you go for the super sensitive ,ribbed,spermicide coated (with a little delay thrown in for good measure ;) ) .
or do you pop down the doctors and get a free pack of fetherlites on your way to the pub?

both will do the same job,and both will do it pretty well,but will you be REALLY happy with the performance? you and your passengers will know the difference.
only you can decide.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
do you go for the super sensitive ,ribbed,spermicide coated (with a little delay thrown in for good measure ;) ) .
or do you pop down the doctors and get a free pack of fetherlites on your way to the pub?

both will do the same job,and both will do it pretty well,but will you be REALLY happy with the performance? you and your passengers will know the difference.
only you can decide.

I love that explanation and I was going to say m0rk should make the above a 'sticky' but i'm not sure I like the mental image of that :cartman:

Mar 5, 2007
While it's an interesting analogy, I don't think it's correct. It suggest some maps are cheap shite and some aren't (e.g. the expensive ones) which isn't really the case with this.

Maybe. A map is like having sex:
Do you go hard and fast to start and run out of puff early.
Or do you go smooth and long...?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
While it's an interesting analogy, I don't think it's correct. It suggest some maps are cheap shite and some aren't (e.g. the expensive ones) which isn't really the case with this.

Maybe. A map is like having sex:
Do you go hard and fast to start and run out of puff early.
Or do you go smooth and long...?

That's what I was referring to before as 'the way it delivers it's power'.

Revo, from what I can tell, goes in hard and fast and doesn't carry it on for the entire session (rev range).

PTorque and CC seem to be more progressive, building steadily and not running out of puff so soon.

I love sex analogy's :lol:

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net

only you can decide.

I suppose it depends if you are driving down a smooth motorway, or in a muddy field. ;)

Mar 5, 2007
An LCR is like having sex:
You've got a fat arse, big feet and are quite quiet. So don't get all the looks.

But when you bag a partner (opponent) they'll be shocked at your prowess!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.