Remapping your car.. interesting read.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
search for lemmiwinks on here fellas, its been discussed etc before, ive used lemmiwinks a fair bit now and logged bits and pieces, its no big deal to us normal plebs.

Russo

Second Row Forward
Sep 10, 2005
Hatfield, Herts
A very interesting read. :think: Threads like those give me the heebie jeebies about getting my car remapped! I'm sure the majority of people who've had a remap have had little problems with their cars, but there are exceptions.

I am surprised at the lack of response from APR. And the poor guy had to resort to flashing the ecu.

dsrr

Oct 23, 2004
Errrm, yes that would be me, I have posted about this on here but it did not go down to well, I gave awesome and APR every chance to respond, this went on for nearly 3 months, to be fair to Awesome they could not get any logical explanation from APR, in my opinion APR handled this whole thing in a totally unprofessional way and left me with no choice but the get the map removed. I have gone to Custom Code and am happy with both the map ( which incedentally is more powerful than the stage 2 APR map and is only the stage 1 as yet) and the level of aftersales support.
It seems that once APR have your money they consider their involvement complete, I have been trying to get APR to publicly comment on this...to no avail!

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
haven't commented on this until now but I've been experiencing similar problems on my LCR with APR stage 2 for some time now, took it to awesome a few months ago as they had agreed with me that it just didn't seem right so offered to have a look and found that I had a split hose on the side of the manifold (the F shap hose), charged me though which I wasn't expecting, doh!

I've got it booked in again start of next month so I'll let you know how I get on

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.