Remove car radio (mrk5 ibiza)

smartin18

i have searched but hitting a dead end trying to find an ibiza mk5 removal forum.... I'll keep looking. if you stumble across one let me know

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
im searching lol, im sure i have seen it, i have taken mine out before because i have fitted a sub in the boot, if i cant find the thread ill take some pictures tomorow for you

smartin18

actually you might be able to answer another question i was thinking of doing....

Can you attach a sub to the current radio or do you have a different radio installed?

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
well i have kept the standard HU because it looks awsome, the only problem with using your standard HU is you lose the SUB control so you cant switch it on and off if you know what i mean, all you need is a phono converter just pop into halfords and ask them i cant remember what the part is called, ill have a dig through my recipts see if i can find it, it can be done though,

also the standard HU doesnt have a remote output so you have to wire it up to an ignition live, ill try get a pic to show you where mine is connected to because its quite hard to explain

hope this helps

smartin18

Cool, that does help, i've only ever fitted my sub to a radios that are compatible, i just presumed the standard radios would'nt work. Now i know i can. As you said the radio looks so good i don't really want to change it for another....

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
yeah im in work atm not home till 9, but if i find out what the converter is ill PM you.

anything is possible, i even considered wiring my aftermarket HU into my glovebox and putting the facia on the sunvisor (little bit of wire connecting them) but in the end i settled for the simple option (and cheaper)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.