Removing front grill

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
hi guys, just quickly wondered how easy it is to remove the front grill on a mk2 leon? and if i need and special tools or if a crowbar and hammer will do the job :p

thanks

andyspencer

Eat My Soot
May 19, 2008
Birmingham
Nope, small flat blade screw driver to remove the 2 pins at the top by levering them out, then a bit of brute force and slim hands to pull the bugger out. Should be 4 clips inside.. its akward, but when you done it once, youl find it easy. Dont be afraid to use some force though

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
Tich - check out an earlier thread here, which might also help.

There's a guide produced by Seat posted toward the end of the thread which shows the position of the clips...and like Andy said before, use more force than you'd think to pull it free.

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
took a bit of a struggle to get it out, but i managed it. next time will be a lot easier as i broke the two clips on the side :p i had black vinyl on the surround and carbon fibre on the badge. looks pretty sweet, ill get some pics up soon

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
took a bit of a struggle to get it out, but i managed it. next time will be a lot easier as i broke the two clips on the side :p i had black vinyl on the surround and carbon fibre on the badge. looks pretty sweet, ill get some pics up soon

Nice one Tich...look forward to seeing how that looks...

chrispyvrs

Dec 25, 2012
Hi guys.

Just putting a replacement grille on mine this morning and can't quite get it all to match up like the other one did. The pin holes are alightly out and the pins won't go back in. When putting the original back in, it fits perfectly. Anything I'm doing slightly wrong? How's best to fix it if I can't use the pins?

Thanks

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Hi guys.

Just putting a replacement grille on mine this morning and can't quite get it all to match up like the other one did. The pin holes are alightly out and the pins won't go back in. When putting the original back in, it fits perfectly. Anything I'm doing slightly wrong? How's best to fix it if I can't use the pins?

Thanks

Definitely the correct grille? Pre and post facelift grilles are slightly different.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise