removing glue stains from the interior

shamoo

Jan 3, 2007
hello all, i have a mk1 leon cupra r and i changed the stereo to a custon one, so i needed a face surround, when i fitted it, it would sit right so i decided to use a bit of super glue to keep it nice and tight to make it look good, the only problem is a bit ran and i went to wipe it off only to smear it, now i have a grey/whiteish smear on the interior which makes it look ugly. does anyone know a good product to remove the stain? or maybe a sprey to go over it which is the same colour? its not only on the face surround or i could just change that.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
this may sound absolutely laughable but i was told that one of the few things that can remove glue is petrol. try a tiny bit and see....

i had glue all bonded on my windows (practical joke at work) used petrol and it came off in 1 wipe...i realize windows and plastic are different thats why i said use a tiny dab first

shamoo

Jan 3, 2007
thanks for the advice, i'll give it a go, i tired nail polish remover but that did nothing, i might try hot soapy water as well.

Carr20vt

Dec 18, 2003
South Wales
Visit site
Is it on the blk plastic trim? As said glue remover. Not sure if AS Tardis tar and glue remover will be ok to use on interior trim might be too harsh but worth a go if the std glue remover doesn't work.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members