removing injector seats?

alex_cupra09

now owner of mk3 cupra
Mar 12, 2009
Nantwich
do you mean the big white plastic ones if you do it will be easier to break them out and buy new ones as they are about 50p each when i tryed getting mine out they wouldnt budge.

kelvin_redcupra

Jan 17, 2010
staffordshire
i replaced these on mine as they wer leaking fuel past them just take the inlet off and i think it was a 19mm allen key cud be 17mm cnt remember and a breaker bar and they will undo and just be careful nt to cross thread the new ones lol

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
I found the 19mm allen key too small on mine. I ended up buying a box spanner to remove them and a tap to re-thread the manifold just so they all went in nicely.

Dec 10, 2009
bideford, n.devon
I found the 19mm allen key too small on mine. I ended up buying a box spanner to remove them and a tap to re-thread the manifold just so they all went in nicely.

i doubt the old man has allen keys that size. whats a box spanner? cant say ive heard of one before and can you remember the tap size mate.

thanks for your gents

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
box spanner is your best bet thats how i did mine, couldn't find a an allen key big enough.

i take it your putting new ones in, if not make sure you've got some spares just encase you break one.

Dec 10, 2009
bideford, n.devon
had a stroke of luck, didnt realise where i worked had a hex machine so they have jus made me a 20mm allen key head for use with a spanner. yeah i shall be replacing with new as 3 out of the 4 had to be broke out.
am i likely to have fault codes when all back together coz i still cant get ma vag com workin?
thanks for helping gents

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
that was a stroke of luck then dude,

if you put everything back as it was then i can't see you getting any fault codes to be honest

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members