Removing rear bumper and color coding

czrem

Hi guys

just jumped in for a short collection of information...
For my (bmw) Z4 I bought a park distance control system to be installed in the rear bumper of my car, a friend of mine, driving a SEAT Alhambra saw me and now would like me to install him the same system.
Because I don't know the car, can someone of you simply explain me how to remove the rear bumper of the Alhambra (how many screws, where are they located, ...)?
Next point is that the PDC system has to be connected to the reverse light, in order to activate automatically every time the reverse gear is selected... therefore can someone tell me how to open the back light and give me the color code of the electrical wiring in order to find the reverse light (+) and the mass (-) ??

Thanks for the help... and if you are interested, I will post the step by step pics.

Stu B

DarthWombleIII & WombleII
Plse post the info - that could be very interesting read.. However.... there are two types of Alhambra, pre 200 and post - mine being the later.. It will be of use for the peeps on here if you culd confirm which type of Bammer it actually is..

Fredt - I expect will have the answer's .. :)

need to know the year as the fixing methods of the rear bumper differ? but to give you an idea...
on early models there are three screws in each wheel arch and two bolts under neath the car on each side, you will need to lower the spare to get to the bolts!
later model galaxy's are are a bit more complicated! not sure about Alhambra's? but here goes... there are two removable panels below the rear lights behind these are a couple of screws, again in the wheel arches are several screws, you may have to drop the wheel arch liner to get to these? then there are two nuts near the rear towing point, sounds easy enough? :happy: oh yeah and you will need to peel back the rubber seal around the rear hatch as well on both models
in both cases it appears the colours for the feed to the reversing lamps are Black/Blue
you will have more room to work in the drivers side rear light area! but the passenger side rear light cluster may be easier to remove? some times you have to remove the pressed steel bracket/mount for the first aid kit/warning tri angle in the drivers side to remove the light cluster/circuit board!

Plse post the info - that could be very interesting read.. However.... there are two types of Alhambra, pre 200 and post - mine being the later.. It will be of use for the peeps on here if you culd confirm which type of Bammer it actually is..

Fredt - I expect will have the answer's .. :)

:lol: you knew I was writing a novel! inbetween that and having to log in every time I hit a button or move pages! :wtf:

czrem

Thanks guys for the info.
The car is a post-2000 model.
Probably this week-end I'll have a first look at the car, then I'll come back to you if more info are necessary... it doesn't seem an easy job, at least compared to what I had to do on my Z4.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members