removing standard alloys

docevi1

This is one of those thing that has me entirely stumped. I'm used to tinkering with cars, even rebuilt my own kit-car, but the simplist of tasks of my 2002 Toledo SE has me stumped! How mildly embarrassing!

I'm wanting to move wheels front to back, but I can't fathom out how to take the wheel centre caps off. I can't find any tools in the boot above the spare wheel and have poking something into the little holes in the caps, but to no avail. Does anyone have any tips?

I'm dreading taking them off and finding a locking wheel nut to be honest - there a key anywhere in the car :(

edit::
Sorry, I can't post a photo my wheels since I haven't posted more than 15times...

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
with the little hole in the cap, there is/was/should be a little tool in the toolkit that comes with the car.
if thats gone ( and from what your saying it is), grab a thin screwdriver and a flat bladed one for levering or even a metal coathanger if you've one handy.. you should then be able to prise the cap forward enough to slide the flat blade driver under and pop the cap off.

docevi1

hmm, thats what I was trying but it didn't seem to budge - I didn't try that hard mind since I was concerned about damaging the plastic.

Do you know anywhere where I could pick the tool up? Ebay doesn't appear to have anything like it listed...

car_guy143

Nov 9, 2008
Leyland, Lancs, UK
hmm, thats what I was trying but it didn't seem to budge - I didn't try that hard mind since I was concerned about damaging the plastic.

Do you know anywhere where I could pick the tool up? Ebay doesn't appear to have anything like it listed...

The hubcaps are held on quite tightly with a similar spring ring system to the ones used on wheeltrims. Just work it off gently and it'll pop off.

blighty

Excellent advice!

mine has been bugging me for moths as to why it dosent reach the wop of the screen anymore! followed the tips on here! and true to its word my left hand side of the boot was saturated! rearly go in the boot so never notited!

Took the panel off and the connection was indeed loose!

Cheers guys!!

Darren :D:clap:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members