Replacement Front Seats

MarkW

Chris
Apr 4, 2007
Edingburgh
Right,

So I'm not the shortest of people at 6'5"/6'6" and am having a little trouble now getting comfortable in the GTi seats.

Is there any other seats that fit straight in that are lower? I'm after preferably an OEM set, I don't really like the look of buckets unless you got a fully stripped out interior.

I'm used to corrado seats... does anyone know how to make these fit? Buying a late spec set or something?!!

Any help would be great, I had a look at some golf GTi ones but they APPEARED to be the same height off the floor on their lowest setting (which isnt ver low!)

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
you could buy another seat the same as yours and have a subframe fabricated for it, so it sits lower down than the original?
Its just an idea but if you know anyone in that kind of business could be worth a shot and wouldnt cost all that much at all...

Id think it would be a case of chop the bottom off the seat and then fabricate a new subframe using the existing mounts but making it lower...

EDIT: i say buy another seat incase it goes wrong ;)

MarkW

Chris
Apr 4, 2007
Edingburgh
;)

Already thought of that one :(:(, but its the shitty design of the seat that it won't fit. As it is, the base of the seat on full tilt is almost touching the floor. It's the seat itself... it has so much damn sponge on it that it's about a foot in thickness!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.