Replacement Wingmirror Glass

Oct 11, 2008
Bristol
looks ok and sounds it will fit the mirror but im not to keen on how it fits....

Untitled.jpg

and in the add it says replacement but its clearly not a they then say it sticks on lol (laughing a the way they advertised it lol)

try a breakers or a dealer who wll provide a genuine part

hope it helps

Last edited:

JoeF

May 13, 2007
Bolton
thats what i thought, why the hell would you stick it over the old one, seems abit odd and stupid tbh

silversport

1.4 Power....
Feb 12, 2008
If you buy a replacement from Halfords it will more than likely be a "stick over" one too...

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Get the proper replacement glass from a dealer. The old one should unclip off at the top and bottom and you may have to disconnect some connectors if you have electric or heated mirrors. Make sure you get the proper glass and side depending on whether you have manual/electric/heated mirrors.

g8rvn

Apr 7, 2008
Tamworth, Staffs
When mine got cracked i just bought one of the stick on ones from halfords. The size and shape was pretty much spot on and you cant see the increased depth due to the plastic of the mirror that surrounds it.
There is still really good heat transfer through the adhesive foam stuff too for the heated mirrors.
Cost me £7 instead of £36 for a replacement heated unit from the dealer, in my opinion I cant see why you would want to buy a whole new one unless the existing broken/cracked mirror does not hold itself into the casing

Oct 11, 2008
Bristol
it may be the case for the stick on versions but im sure a salvage company would be flogging the mirrors for around the same price if hot a little more.....:redface:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
i have just bought a new glass from a dealer got it for 22 quid not much out of the pocket really for genuine

That's what I've always done - it makes most sense - why "love" your car then stick duff bits on it as replacements. I'm sure the Halfords style stick-on ones are fine if you are about to sell the car or don't see it as being part of your life - but most people on here kind of do like their cars a bit!

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
Ive used the stick on ones before, when I had a polo and was quoted £46 + VAT for a replacement glass. Theyre fine if you dont care about the heated mirrors. Much cheaper, but I think I would go for a genine part if you can get it cheap enough. Phone arround the dealers though as their prices seem to vary quite a lot. Anyone know why?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.