Ibiza fr wing mirror glass removal/replacement

bundy1981

Oct 16, 2008
I have just replaced my drivers side wing mirror however due to teh heavy snow and loosing my torx screwdriver head I have left the wingmirror in working electrical order but with no glass.

I need to remove the old glass from my old wingmirror and replace it in the new one. Can anyone tell me how to do this...please tell me I wont need to remove the wingmirror and door pnael again ?????

Ferryman

1.8T Goes Like Hell
Oct 23, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
"Removing: unclip the mirror glass, first in the lower part and later in the upper part with the tool -T20043-, protecting the housing against possible damage. Before removing the mirror glass, unplug the connectors."

T20043 is lever tool.

E66-10016.jpg

bundy1981

Oct 16, 2008
thats great my friend where do you unclip the mirror glass from or do u just give it some welly to dislodge it ??

stu 157-330

Aug 6, 2009
West lothian
mirror

Hi, i'd get my finger tips in behind the glass at the outermost point and with the skinniest long plain screwdriver you can find unclip the glass from the baseplate..

I've replaced a few lenses on various cars, once you can unclip the spring that holds the glass to the base plate the re-fitting is just a press fit..

putting pressure on as wide as area of the lense as possible will reduce the chances of the lense shattering..

good luck!!

bundy1981

Oct 16, 2008
Cheers people after a lot of messing about i've cracked the glass, but I have managed to remove and install in the new housing for the wing mirror. You wouldnt know where I could get a cheap replacement glass or if those self adhesive windows are any good as i'm getting rid of the car in june/july this year

stu 157-330

Aug 6, 2009
West lothian
mirror lense

Hi, i'd probably go to either a breaker or seat.. as you want one that fits, rather than a halfords copy that "might" fit with gaps or that's too tight a fit to adjust..

maybe euro carparts or ebay might be a cheap alternative..

good luck!!

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.