Replacement wiper blades

FRvirgin

Jan 3, 2016
S Yorks
26" blade arrived today foc from carparts4less, will keep the 24" for a spare ......result

Bizarrely, I need a 24" for my Octy 3, p!us a 19" for the passenger side but ECP want £26.50 for that set so I may as well trade it in for a new car, lol !

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
Bizarrely, I need a 24" for my Octy 3, p!us a 19" for the passenger side but ECP want £26.50 for that set so I may as well trade it in for a new car, lol !

That's not bad actually, ordered a set for my mates octy from carparts4less and if I remember they were just under 30 quid and that was with 5% off but that was for two front and the rear one.Think it was under 22 for the front pair?

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
See the rest of this thread re makes and prices. I have found the Bosch okay but as stated at the beginning when I ordered them from carparts4less they sent a 24 inch instead of 26 then sent the correct one when it was pointed out foc.

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
See the rest of this thread re makes and prices. I have found the Bosch okay but as stated at the beginning when I ordered them from carparts4less they sent a 24 inch instead of 26 then sent the correct one when it was pointed out foc.

What size is the rear wiper?

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
Just been on carparts4less website and for the 3 blades £27.90 put in promo code VCLOUD963 at checkout and get 12 1/2% off so £24.40 approx.
Hope that helps:D and free delivery

Last edited:

mk3frdave

Jul 31, 2015
The hatchback and the SC have different size rear wipers, the hatchback is 13" but the coupe is 15". I ordered a replacement online for my SC and when it turned up it was very obviously much shorter than the one that was fitted from new, did a bit of digging around and turned out I had ordered one for a hatch :(

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
The hatchback and the SC have different size rear wipers, the hatchback is 13" but the coupe is 15". I ordered a replacement online for my SC and when it turned up it was very obviously much shorter than the one that was fitted from new, did a bit of digging around and turned out I had ordered one for a hatch :(

Thanks for that. I haven't ordered the rear one yet. Glad you mentioned it as I have an SC

rambalad

Nov 1, 2013
Merseyside
I bought a pair of Trico from wiperblades.co.uk the other month and they are the correct oem sizes. Reference numbers were EFB6517R and EFB4017R, they cost £23.20 delivered.

They are just as good if not better than the factory fitted ones. I am sure you can get cheaper but wanted a known brand.

Manveru

Leon MkIII Fan
Jun 13, 2016
Bracknell
A556 set is wrong, A945S is correct... maybe refills?

The A556S sold everywhere has incorrect lengths of 600 mm and 400 mm. It seems the correct set is A945S which contains 650 mm and 400 mm, however as they seem to be available from German sellers only I wonder if they could be for left hand drive cars? Aerotwins aren't symmetrical like classic arms as they form a spoiler.

I've just check, the kind of mount in these for the Seat seem to be relatively easy to rotate, you need plastic bar to prise both sides a bit and then you can press it back rotated.

I have to return A4556S I received... And I think I buy only rubber replacements for OEMs and they seem pretty rugged mechanically and the rubbers seem to be very easy to replace.

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
I can recommend the blades below, sadly can never find them from the same supplier.

Front
Valeo VM844

http://www.windscreenwipersdirect.co.uk/vm844-valeo-silencio-x-trm-flat-twin-pack-26-650mm-16-400mm.html

Rear ( for my ST )
Valeo VM265

http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/valeo-silencio-vm265-rear-screen-wiper-blade/

Perfect fit, near silent wipe compared to the ones fitted at factory. Bosch blades always seem noisy to me.

Agreed, I tried Bosch ones this time and regret not buying Valeo.

mk3frdave

Jul 31, 2015
I agree with dt-spd too, I fitted Valeo's all round and they are great blades. You can currently buy a front pair on the bay for £16.77 delivered if you search for VM844...