Replacing Inner Door Seal

R53Winny

Apr 11, 2022
The Inner Drivers Door Seal is split and perishing and needs replacing. As I've only just bought the car I've asked the main dealer to rectify. In the event they won't, then I wonder how easy this would be to change as well as the cost of the seal?

Anyone changed theirs willing to share information?

Thanks in advance

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
The Inner Drivers Door Seal is split and perishing and needs replacing. As I've only just bought the car I've asked the main dealer to rectify. In the event they won't, then I wonder how easy this would be to change as well as the cost of the seal?

Anyone changed theirs willing to share information?

Thanks in advance
Simple to change, pull off the old, 'bash' on the new.
Don't know the costs of a new one but sometimes you find them on ebay.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
2016 Leon:
5F4867365A = PR:0A2 = 4 door
5F4867365A 9B9 satin black = PR:0A2 = 4 door £39.81
5F3867365A = PR:0A1 = 2 door
5F3867365A 9B9 satin black = PR:0A1 = 2 door £39.81

Last edited:
Reactions: R53Winny

R53Winny

Apr 11, 2022
Has anyone actually changed their drivers inner door cabin seal? Are there any clips , how many etc

How long should it take, any tips appreciated (y)

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Has anyone actually changed their drivers inner door cabin seal? Are there any clips , how many etc

How long should it take, any tips appreciated (y)
The rubber door seal just pulls off - and pushes back on. A couple of minutes.
Start at the corners and work your way to the centre of each span.

R53Winny

Apr 11, 2022
The rubber door seal just pulls off - and pushes back on. A couple of minutes.
Start at the corners and work your way to the centre of each span.
Does any of the trim need loosening or removing to fit the new seal?

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
This is one of the easiest DIY tasks, and you probably wouldn’t have to remove the trim, but it may make life a little easier.

If you want to crack it yourself, and learn a little more about how you car is pieced together, the the trim tools are relatively cheap - I would recommend a set of levers and a pair of trim removal pliers. Always heat up the trim plastic before removing - the plastic can be brittle and snap if cold.

As an example, the type of tools are below (you can get cheaper ones, but I’ve used these for many years without any issues):

Workshop manuals are here:

Look for one titled: General body repairs, interior. Then chapter 70 for sills, A pillar, B Pillar, C Pillar etc. It will describe the tool to use and location of clips:

Attachments

• 8324A5BF-C706-403B-AFFF-91437EB667FD.jpeg
    8324A5BF-C706-403B-AFFF-91437EB667FD.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 78

R53Winny

Apr 11, 2022
This is one of the easiest DIY tasks, and you probably wouldn’t have to remove the trim, but it may make life a little easier.

If you want to crack it yourself, and learn a little more about how you car is pieced together, the the trim tools are relatively cheap - I would recommend a set of levers and a pair of trim removal pliers. Always heat up the trim plastic before removing - the plastic can be brittle and snap if cold.

As an example, the type of tools are below (you can get cheaper ones, but I’ve used these for many years without any issues):

Workshop manuals are here:

Look for one titled: General body repairs, interior. Then chapter 70 for sills, A pillar, B Pillar, C Pillar etc. It will describe the tool to use and location of clips:

R53Winny

Apr 11, 2022
You are very kind and helpful. Thank you for the information.

I bought the car 2 weeks ago from a main dealer who has agreed to cover the cost at another main dealer to the tune of £177.77 fitted, so I'm going to make my life a little easier and get it done there👍

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
You are very kind and helpful. Thank you for the information.

I bought the car 2 weeks ago from a main dealer who has agreed to cover the cost at another main dealer to the tune of £177.77 fitted, so I'm going to make my life a little easier and get it done there👍
A no-brainer then! 👍

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.