REQ: closeup pic of LCR bonnet catch required

kez

Jan 29, 2007
Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
my LCR's been off the road for almost a year now, and it's time to get it back on it.

however, obviously, the battery has run out and needs changing.

however, i am unable to get the bonnet open.

the interior handle works, and i've popped it up to the first stage. no amount of prodding, poking, pushing etc is opening it though, and i can't see well enough to figure out how it operates.

i've removed the front grille so can get access to it

cutting the bonnet is not an option, as it's carbon fibre [B)]

cheers!

andycupra

status subject to change
so is the little bit of plastic not protruding from the front grill / space?

you need to find the bit that this would be connected to, (left hand side near top of unit as you look at it from the front) and pull it towards you.

kez

Jan 29, 2007
Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
ah, cheers....it wasn't doing but after getting the grill off i can access it. it doesn't seem to move at all though

to be fair i was trying to 'push' the bit you mentioned, as well as force the actual catch (which is holding the bonnet hook) to the left

don't suppose you've got a pic have you?

andycupra

status subject to change
dont pull the bonnet at same time as you pull back the bit indicated. Pull it back then left bonnet.

sounds like a good liberal spray of WD40 or the like may of use, many people reported their catches getting stuck.

pics below are of the rear of the mechanism so may not be much use..

bonnetrelease1.jpg

bonnetrelease2.jpg

Last edited:

kez

Jan 29, 2007
Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
having been out for another go it looks as though the bit you've said i need to move towards me, is stuck behind / below that pin wich is at the bottom left of your pic :(

kez

Jan 29, 2007
Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
i'll try and get a pic of what mine looks like, but i think my problem is that the bit which needs to move forward can't, as it's behind that round pin (which looks like it's meant to support the catch when not in use)

kez

Jan 29, 2007
Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
also, looking at your new pics, the first bit of the process works, as the large catch (the one at the back) releases

just can't seem to move the smaller one at the front :(

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise