Retrofitting led headlight

lustucry

Dec 11, 2021
Hello,

I would like to know if someone tried/achieved to retrofit full led headlight on a Seat Arona or a Seat Ibiza on a car with halogen housing, I've found some thread talking about retrofitting led headlight on Leon MK3 but didn't found any about Ibiza or Arona, I'm currently driving with some led projector that I bought on Aliexpress, but I would like to upgrade to OEM. The kit of OEM headlight is available on Kufatec, but seems too expensive for me, while you can find a pair of led headlight on Ebay for 1/3 of it, but if Kufatec does it, then it's possible to do it at home too, right ?

Ps: I'm french so excuse me for the bad english

Reactions: JoseKaLeL

kimimaru

Feb 15, 2010
West midlands
you can retrofit it, but it will be hand adjustable, because led uses automatic level, i did it on my previous ibiza, i
you need ELSA win or something to show you the wiring diagram, because is not the same.
once u get all the wiring correct it works, you need to change on vag com after because signal will show and faulty on dash.
mine was two months on car, but one day i was driving at night and they gone off had to turn off the car remove the key and try turn on after few minutes to get them back on. you need the wiring diagram for your lights and for led lights before even attempt to buy the led lights

lustucry

Dec 11, 2021
Hello,

If I do it like OEM, same wiring, with level sensor, etc is it possible ? I downloaded the wiring diagrams of the seat arona how do I sort the difference between the halogen and the led one ?

Thank you for the answer !

kimimaru

Feb 15, 2010
West midlands
its possible but need wiring from the back to the front, the levels are at back, you need wiring diagram from both because u need to change pin to match the led plugs, diagram will show signal, high beam u just need to change whatever is not on same to the right place on led.
the level sensor i never done so i sujest to go to ross tech forums and there will be instruction on how to wire the sensors

Ross-Tech

JoseKaLeL

ARONA Beats Audio Edition (2019-Facelift)
Jan 8, 2020
Aguascalientes, México
Hello,

If I do it like OEM, same wiring, with level sensor, etc is it possible ? I downloaded the wiring diagrams of the seat arona how do I sort the difference between the halogen and the led one ?

Thank you for the answer !
Could I get those diagrams pls I’m doing the same as you on my Arona and I could tell you it could be possible by your hand but maybe a long process so if you go to the kufatec option yes it maybe looks expensive at first but after all what I’ve had done and what I expend doin it ..gets kinda similar that expend at the kufatec option one. (Until now I only get done DRL and low lights)

lustucry

Dec 11, 2021
Could I get those diagrams pls I’m doing the same as you on my Arona and I could tell you it could be possible by your hand but maybe a long process so if you go to the kufatec option yes it maybe looks expensive at first but after all what I’ve had done and what I expend doin it ..gets kinda similar that expend at the kufatec option one. (Until now I only get done DRL and low lights)
Sending it to you in your DMs !

JoseKaLeL

ARONA Beats Audio Edition (2019-Facelift)
Jan 8, 2020
Aguascalientes, México
you can retrofit it, but it will be hand adjustable, because led uses automatic level, i did it on my previous ibiza, i
you need ELSA win or something to show you the wiring diagram, because is not the same.
once u get all the wiring correct it works, you need to change on vag com after because signal will show and faulty on dash.
mine was two months on car, but one day i was driving at night and they gone off had to turn off the car remove the key and try turn on after few minutes to get them back on. you need the wiring diagram for your lights and for led lights before even attempt to buy the led lights
Mate when you did it the turn signal lights works you at first time?