Reverse Camera types

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
Hi all,

I have couple of questions regarding my reverse camera. Ateca 2019.

Are there many types of reverse camera?

Mine is a very simple camera that doesn't even have those guidelines that go with the steering wheel(bit shocking). Are they all like that?

P.s. I do not have the model that has 360 camera view. I only have a reverse camera.

Alorjosh

Apr 23, 2019
East Anglia
Mine has the lines and aerial view of the car.

Move steering wheel and lines move.

I have xcellence 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: hamst

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
Mine has the lines and aerial view of the car.

Move steering wheel and lines move.

I have xcellence 2017

Nice! do you think there's a way to just replace the camera with an oem one?

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
I would imagine

It’s soft ware

2 x wing mirror camera and front camera plus yours

Ah ok so you have the 360 cameras. Nah its too much of a hassle and cost to install these. I was just looking an update for just the reverse camera. I also hope its a software!

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
20210101_021308.jpg

Tell

Staff member
Mine is top view / 360. Handy for parking in lined off areas, get it right first time. Kerb parking doesn't totally help although you can cut to the wing mirror down image. Depends on the level of street lighting for top view to work on kerb parking in the dark.

Reversing with top view is handy in the drive where I can follow the grass line round as I turn. Look at the overall left image for that one rather than the rear view, that comes in to get the final place without hitting the wall...

Top view is worth having in the Ateca if it's an option since its a high car so tricky to get placement right. Stops faffing around parking. The overall top image is meshed together from the four cameras re projecting the images. Full ultra sound is worth having although neither doesn't totally protect you from bollards etc that don't represent a full even plane in front or behind the car.

I've white lined the garage :sneaky:. Even if you haven't got top view white lining the back position allows you to see how much of the car is in the garage and it's placed correctly. Just put it in reverse to check once in if you haven't got top view. Partners approach.

The boards have people moaning about seeing their number plate and not seeing their number plate in the reversing image. 360 camera is pretty good at not showing the number plate. The number plate moan I reckon is connected to the standard camera. Seeing it and not seeing the plate I reckon is due to the white bar "safe to move" covering it up... then they get excited about it on boards that they can sometimes see it and other times not :oops:.

Reactions: hamst

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
Mine is top view / 360. Handy for parking in lined off areas, get it right first time. Kerb parking doesn't totally help although you can cut to the wing mirror down image. Depends on the level of street lighting for top view to work on kerb parking in the dark.

Reversing with top view is handy in the drive where I can follow the grass line round as I turn. Look at the overall left image for that one rather than the rear view, that comes in to get the final place without hitting the wall...

Top view is worth having in the Ateca if it's an option since its a high car so tricky to get placement right. Stops faffing around parking. The overall top image is meshed together from the four cameras re projecting the images. Full ultra sound is worth having although neither doesn't totally protect you from bollards etc that don't represent a full even plane in front or behind the car.

I've white lined the garage :sneaky:. Even if you haven't got top view white lining the back position allows you to see how much of the car is in the garage and it's placed correctly. Just put it in reverse to check once in if you haven't got top view. Partners approach.

The boards have people moaning about seeing their number plate and not seeing their number plate in the reversing image. 360 camera is pretty good at not showing the number plate. The number plate moan I reckon is connected to the standard camera. Seeing it and not seeing the plate I reckon is due to the white bar "safe to move" covering it up... then they get excited about it on boards that they can sometimes see it and other times not :oops:.

Hey Tell,

So i got 360 radars but only one camera and I'm assuming its the standard one, since i don't even have the steering guidelines.

What are my options for an upgrade to top view? Can I have that option with only 1 camera at the back? Do i have to change the camera or its a software?

Thanks

Tell

Staff member
Your image looks like the Arona one so just the standard camera. That would be pretty major having 360 fitted and might fall into the category that you are trapped from having it installed within the cars data bus. That's what happended when someone post installed an electric tailgate. Vag systems wouldnt allow you to add it, was beyond VCDS. Dealers couldn't do anything since they couldnt access the installation for it since it wasn't built with it. Told them to find a retrofitter, they also drew a blank. Reckon 360' may be like that.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.