Revo stage 2 second lambda sensor??

jam666999

Mar 2, 2004
Northants
Visit site
As I understand with revo stage 2 the rear lambda sensor is mapped out, so what have people done. Do you have to leave it in its bung.

Reason I ask is I have taken mine out from the exhaust and fitted a blanking plug. But Iv left it plugged in and just tucked it away in my engine bay.

But from moving the car from the workshop to the drive about 100 yards iv had this come up. 17526 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating: B1 S2: Open Circuit
P1118 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Im pretty certain i didnt have the power on when i unplugged it but if i did could this have possibly caused it? Car has been on the road since october but i have road tested it a few times recently and never had any faults of this until i removed the sensor from the exhaust.

Many thanks for any help

tashacupra

Next up "twin scroll"
Jul 26, 2007
suffolk
you have to leave it in.

Mork do you mean you have to leave it in the exhaust or just leave it pluged in to the loom?

Because if you mean leave it in the exhaust that is not correct, it only has to stay pluged in but it can be mounted anywere in the car does not have to stay in exhaust.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
you have to leave it plugged in, and you may as well leave it stuck in the exhaust.

I think it still reads information back to the ECU, but the information supplied will not show an engine light.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
You have to leave it plugged in electronically but it doesnt have to be in the downpipe boss.

Basically you can hide it anywhere and use the rear lambda boss for a wideband sensor.

L.R.C.

May 21, 2007
Bit far back for a wideband reading, surely Phil?
wideband sensor should be far from turbo for accurate reading (but before cat) because the maximum temperature of the sensor at the bung should not exceed 500 oC or 900 oF and the high pressured gases from turbo make things worse...

jam666999

Mar 2, 2004
Northants
Visit site
Ahrite Once i get it back on the road next week i'll leave it as is (still electrically plugged in) andtake it for a run then see what comes back up on vag.com. My EML came on for a coil pack, but when i checked for faults the lambda code appeared, hopefully just because i unplugged it to move it.

Last edited:

jam666999

Mar 2, 2004
Northants
Visit site
Right i'm still getting this code, 17526 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating: B1 S2: Open Circuit
P1118 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Could this be linked to the car cutting out when slowing right down. Its the only fault i have coming up in vag.com and i cant see/find any apparant air leaks as mention in a previous post? Cars back on the road on wednesday, just worried im gonna have to keep starting her up at every junction :(