REVO Stage1 Leon Cupra R with added Quaife goodness plus more.....

well thats me got the LCR back and my bank balance is significantly worse off :(

all the work carried out by GI Motorsport was as follows:

new clutch master cylinder
new clutch slave cylinder
new clutch position switch
sachs engineering race clutch
jabbasport lightened SMF
quaife ATB diff with bolt fitting kit

i tell you something. all this car wants to do is rev now! she picks up so quickly now through the gears.
slow pull aways are a bit jerky, you really need to rev the car on initial pull away. the clutch is designed for harsh fast road / track / 1/4mile use so will be interesting once i get used to the new clutches characteristics. yet to really test the diff out as yet due to the icy and damp conditions this morning. trust me to have the damn thing fitted as we come into the weather lol

Gaz at GI told me than when the box arrived with all the bits in it from jabba he though there was bits missing, cause the total weight of the clutch, flywheel, slave cylinder, diff and fitting kit weighted in at less than the stock DMF :cartman: so the amount of weight i've save as well was quite impressive

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I can strongly recommend the additional rotational mass weight savings from 2 piece front brake discs/rotors.
I felt the difference on the first few corners with the diff fitted but it was the height of the summer.
what you will notice is that understeer is largely gone, which is very nice and very confidence inspiring.
When you going to get onto Crail?
I might try and come along too as would like a bash we the remapped car.
Engine mounts are nae good but I'm sure they'll hold up alright

I can strongly recommend the additional rotational mass weight savings from 2 piece front brake discs/rotors.
I felt the difference on the first few corners with the diff fitted but it was the height of the summer.
what you will notice is that understeer is largely gone, which is very nice and very confidence inspiring.
When you going to get onto Crail?
I might try and come along too as would like a bash we the remapped car.
Engine mounts are nae good but I'm sure they'll hold up alright

reckon it'll be next year now before i'm back at crail

the car currently has suspension issues with a cracked nsr spring. not to sure how the car will launch tho as i no longer have nice sticky tyres on the front, i have the dreaded wanli ditchfinders that the winter wheels came with. will have lightweight team dynamics with some stickier tyres come march tho, thats the deadline i've set myself for the weitec 40/40s, team dynamics alloys and the FMIC

still unsure which engine mounts to go for tho.... they are defo on the wish list to

seen it all sitting when my car went it for its fmic and decat at GI motorsport

Gaz says the chatter of the clutch sounds like the topends away lol

believe me.......... i was sh*t scared when i heard it :-o
got a link to the video of the chatter on my photobucket below

http://s653.photobucket.com/albums/...ction=view&current=VID00001-20101025-1042.mp4

also, since i've still got a few days off work i thought i'd start with more weight saving, i've dewipered the rear and removed the interior trim for the tailgate

IMG00003-20101025-1253.jpg

imo the rear looks so much cleaner now that its dewipered

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
My car sounds the exact same as yours Sean with the SMF on it haha gonna raise the idle speed though so its not rattling away when im sitting at traffic lights it also goes mental when you put the climate control on :lol:

black or carbon roof to go with the wheels? also smoothed your S just to find more ways to spend your money haha

Untitled-1copy-51.jpg

was thinking of going gloss black with the roof as i was thinking of doing all the grills gloss black to match the wheels. got a really nasty dent on the bonnet thats chipped the paintwork and would required a new bonnet i'm thinking. with the cost of painting aswell i decided to see about a carbonfibre bonnet. seen one for £550, if i do that then i think i'll be going with a carbon vinyl on the roof and carbon mirror caps. not too sure about smoothing the s....... looks a wee bit too bland on the rear

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Hi Sean,

Your car is looking great!

Something you might want to think about... I've been advised to matt black the plastics with a lacquer finish rather than gloss black. I'd been thinking about this for a while and when talking to a guy I know who is an experienced spray painter, he said this would look better, especially when the sun is shinning on them. I have a matt black finish on plastics within the engine bay and it looks very clean, IMO. Anyway, just a thought mate.

I see that the rear lights are tinted; I assume they were already done when you bought the car? I've read that a tin of tint spray and a good quality coat of lacquer or two can achieve the finish that you have. Do they look good in the flesh and have they lasted well?

Enjoy the Quaife :D

James,

The lights were already tinted mate so can't comment on how they were done
But they do look good in the flesh :) not too dark, just right

Undecided on what to do with the plastics tbh...... Will see what happens

And I will enjoy the quaife as soon as we get some decent weather lol

wee update guys.........

car went in for it MOT yesterday................. all that was needed was a nearside trackrod end :D
i was absolutely bricking it when i took it down (even tho it was the girlfriends dad that was doing it for me ;) )
he did say that the trackrod end was dangerous... so bad that he wouldn't let it leave the garage til it was replaced..... and i also got two advisories.. both for the top strut mounts

anyways......... with a 13month MOT now in place i started doing some tinterweb shopping :)

ordering up the following items over the next 4-6 weeks:

weitec 40/40 kit
new OEM top mounts
audi s3 strut brace
golf r32 front ARB
whiteline rear ARB
powerflex wishbone bush kit (front & rear bushes)
powerflex 23mm ARB bush kit (for r32 ARB)
powerflex droplink bush kit
powerflex rear beam bush kit

once all has arrived the car will be getting booked into GI Motorsport in Kilmarnock to have all said parts fitted........ along with a 4 wheel alignment

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
wee update guys.........

car went in for it MOT yesterday................. all that was needed was a nearside trackrod end :D
i was absolutely bricking it when i took it down (even tho it was the girlfriends dad that was doing it for me ;) )
he did say that the trackrod end was dangerous... so bad that he wouldn't let it leave the garage til it was replaced..... and i also got two advisories.. both for the top strut mounts

anyways......... with a 13month MOT now in place i started doing some tinterweb shopping :)

ordering up the following items over the next 4-6 weeks:

weitec 40/40 kit
new OEM top mounts
audi s3 strut brace
golf r32 front ARB
whiteline rear ARB
powerflex wishbone bush kit (front & rear bushes)
powerflex 23mm ARB bush kit (for r32 ARB)
powerflex droplink bush kit
powerflex rear beam bush kit

once all has arrived the car will be getting booked into GI Motorsport in Kilmarnock to have all said parts fitted........ along with a 4 wheel alignment
Sean, I dont think the drop link bush kit is for the LCR, but not 100% sure.
Also if doing all these might as well do the steering rack bush and the subframe rear bush too.
Your motor will feel awesome after this

Sean, I dont think the drop link bush kit is for the LCR, but not 100% sure.
Also if doing all these might as well do the steering rack bush and the subframe rear bush too.
Your motor will feel awesome after this

i'll double check the droplink bush kit before buying

and as for the subframe or dogbone mount & the steering rack bush.... see my spec list at the top of page 1....... they are already done ;)

and i'm hoping it will feel awesome, especially with the rear ARB and the stiffer R32 front ARB with the s3 strut brace

actually starting to really really wish it was the spring and i was tearing up the tarmac at knockhill, even though i'm a track day virgin :blink:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Sean the subframe rearbush is different to the dogbone mount.
The subframerear bush is the bush that mounts the subframe to the actual car
According to your list you dont have this one done

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
On the subframe there are 4 mounting bolts which hold it onto the car.
The rear two are the ones that powerflex do a replacement for

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.