Riko's black cupra

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
It's pants for visability! All I can see is the side if my car, but it makes you look over your shoulder more. Looks loads better though.

tarzan

cupra owner from norway
Mar 15, 2008
drammen norway
It's pants for visability! All I can see is the side if my car, but it makes you look over your shoulder more. Looks loads better though.

thats true visability is very poor:headhurt: but it looks 100% better so it`s worth it[B)]
car looks very good mate.

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Thanks chaps! So I got cracking with the paint cans... the cars sitting outside with carrier bags tied over the mirrors incase of rain!! bless it, lol.

Gave them a wash and sanding down using 'medium' wet n dry, and them gave them 2 layers of grey primer with 'fine' wet n dry in-between.

Found the covers very awkward to place for decent spray coverage, I didn't want to spray one side then the other, I wanted it all even. I found a long handled ball nosed allen key which pushed into a hole which worked a treat!

cd9e138d.jpg

I don't normally have E.T. looking hands, must be the angle!??

As you can see my professional spraying booth consists of newspaper taped to the tool chest and a baking oven in the shape of a fan heater!! Held the cover infront of the heater for about 10 mins and worked a treat.

52e3eb47.jpg

Then left to set on top of my trusty broom handles for a further 30 mins with a cool breeze on them...

2aa69589.jpg

a04a3eff.jpg

They are now inside, where tomorrow morning I put the 'ford graphite grey' on!
Looking forward to the results, I fancy refurbing my super T after this.

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Little Hulton, Manchester
Read your thread from the start lol.. Facking Quality!!! Love the car.. I may even say... Perfect!

Its been a while now since your last post.. How is it coming along?.. Post some pics mate.. It would be good to see how she's doing..

Thanks..

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Thanks for the comments Jordan!

It has been a while since I updated I guess, but unfortunately not much has happened?
Didn't show the final results of the mirror I guess, sorry about the poop quality (phone cam)

P1011202.jpg

P1011203.jpg

They're an anthracite colour to match the wheels. Almost a bit too subtle but I like that.

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
I've mentioned it before in other threads, but the likely hood of selling up is on the horizon :(

Now the weathers a little better she'll be going into a garage for a bit of TLC. I've had the ABS / Traction lights on for the last month or two so it needs sorting, the exhaust is rattling like mad when passengers are in the car aswell. Once given the A-OK through vag-com an advert will be made.

Selling due to getting a house and saving the £200 in petrol alone will make a difference each month!!
Such a shame as I have everything ready for stg2 but haven't justified fitting it due to the possibility of the sale.
Looking at Bora TDi's, Mk4 Golf or maybe somehting a cheeky old skool dub?? Defo going to be VAG though!

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Nice mate, Yeah, I like that colour.. It helps the wheels out a bit..
Thats a shame mate, but I suppose a house comes first.. Bora's are nice, plus its a Diesel..

Whats that car I can see in the reflection? It looks nice and sporty.. :)

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Shame your selling her after all the hard work, but like you said, house comes first. Just make sure she goes to a good home where she'll be appreciated :)

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
It'll be like selling my child 'if' it defo happens! I'll keep you posted. Might get a $hitt€r to run about in as a daily and keep her for weekends. But then again she's been a daily and I'd rather see some1 get the same enjoyment from her! It will only be sold to another enthusiast, it's only fair!

you certainly have eaagle eyes Jordan! That'll be the wee MGTF in the refection. Awsomeness fun!

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
ROFL.. Ooooh, V.Nice.. My great uncle has one of those.. The 160... Its bloody quick, but he never see's it past 4000 rpm.. He's getting old now lmao!! :)

It was stupidly fun in the snow :)

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Righto after nearly tearing all my hair out selling the cupra, I thought I'd show you my new whip.

I got bitten hard by the V-Dub bug at Edition so I knew my next ride would be of that variety, and it had to be something 'different'! :think:

So after much pondering I thought sod it, just buy it!! And this is what I came home with...

P1011399.jpg

P1011393.jpg

P1011392.jpg

P1011403.jpg

She's a 1.9 TDi and a whole handful of 90bhp! I know there's the saying of 'built not bought' but I needed something cheap, good looking (in my opinion anyway!) and something I could take to shows. What I was getting out of a full tank on the cupra, I'm now doing in half a tank!!

I have plans to make my own mark, like get rid of the 'orrible 17's and slap on some dishy 15's. Probably a respray as the last job wasn't fantastic and to give a new look for the show season?

Comments welcome and I'm sure you'll see more of her as the season goes on :funk:

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
looks good, needs an early vento grille
7172290107_large.jpg

looks clean though, i don't like how the dub boys smooth the rear lights (top bit) but i like it :D

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Thanks Suj. Grill is something I want to change, I've not quite worked out what I've got on there as I haven't seen it on others? Looking behind it today it has half the cut out where the VW badge used to be??

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Thanks Suj. Grill is something I want to change, I've not quite worked out what I've got on there as I haven't seen it on others? Looking behind it today it has half the cut out where the VW badge used to be??

no problem, i do like vento's :D

it's a late grill, but normally had the VW badge (like below) but people smooth it so it looks like a badgeless grill, "jon_boiiii" on ed38 did it on his mk3 golf with a vento front
66312019-vw-vento-grill.jpg

what's the plans for it? BT? :p

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Ah cool, I think the slats unclip so I may spray them black for the time being.
I'm tempted to put the 2.5tdi injectors in and possibly a remap, would see up to 130 ponies! But thats a long way off, the engines done a few miles already.

The tail pipes fell off yesterday! lol. Going to put a full stainless system on there and as the cat's been removed already it shouldn't be too expensive?

Opinions... should I go for a chrome twin down swept tail pipe, or a large chrome 6x4ish down swept oval?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.