Road Angel Compact vs New Road Angel

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
I am looking into getting a camera detector in the near future, and am undecided, as far as i've read, the road angel seems to get a damn good write up, in all reviews.

But im a little confused as to which one to go for, whether to go for the compact or the new road angel, apart from the compact coming with a £50 optional laser detector, the only difference I can see is that the compact doesn't have the optional phone modem (update required by USB connection on a PC. Not a problem)

Then there's the price compact £200 (+ £50 optional laser) or New Road angel, which is advertised for £400

But I have seen them for a little less than this.

Any ones opinions would be greatfully appreciated,

Cheers Tom

moonman374

Feb 14, 2005
Alright chap

the road angel compact has an improved screen. on the new road angel the screen was tricky to see when it went red. the compact has a new better screen

the new road angel has a lil LED on top, compact does not.

Compact tells you the speed limit of the road your on, new road angel does not

compact is a better unit and blackspot know that. they are aware that they have cut the legs off their new road angel market. However the new road angel will be re-released in moths/year with inbuilt battery and such

flashbsd

i must admit, i was looking at getting a speed camera detector, until i spoke to one of the camera operators in person, where by by the time you've reacted to the alert, you've been stung, so i didnt bother, got blackspots on my TT5 with checkpoint to inform you of the area with the speed, all you want really.

moonman374

Feb 14, 2005
the good news is that health and safety are clampin down on camera vans settin up shop wherever they want. H&S will be deciding on designated spots the vans can park. and as soon as they do that the sites will be available on a camera detector. The compact has a seperate laser so it is not made illegal.

although as just said if your camera detector flashes for a mobile you have got a ticket

hungabunga

Mar 11, 2005
I got the snooper S2 alot cheaper than the road angel (£80 from ebay) and it does the the same stuff, nice and simple.

Sully

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members