road going mk2 rally kti car

soamer

soamer
Jan 8, 2007
telford
Did they ever do a road version of the rally car with the wider arches spioler etc ?:)

seen one when out and about last week looked cool would love to do that to mine is there a kit availble

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
ahhh the holy grail, search for f2 ibiza there will be a few posts, basically one was made with a rumour that a load more were to be made but tuning it and decking it out with the kit was too expensive.

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Did they ever do a road version of the rally car with the wider arches spioler etc ?:)

seen one when out and about last week looked cool would love to do that to mine is there a kit availble

I would think that they must have done as that's part of the regulations. Something like at least 6 need to be produced available to public. That's is how come you can get a Ford RS200.

Mig

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
czecboy they used the 16v gti as the homologomonomogologation model.
wide arches wernt seen as permanent fixtures id reckon. (another example is the fabia)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
No need for exact homologation for FIA Group A7 (F2)

http://www.rallycars.com/Cars/Cars_Background3.html for some info on the specs

Only one road going one was made up (in copper) for PR purposes only - and didn't have the engine etc required.

Some people confused themselves with the SBG Sport 'kits' that were dealer supplied which consisted of:

Bumper, Spoiler, Skirts, wheels, suspension, chip, cams, ind kit (but not all of these were fitted to all the cars)

Most by now will have lost the fragile F2 bumper though.

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Some people confused themselves with the SBG Sport 'kits' that were dealer supplied which consisted of:

Bumper, Spoiler, Skirts, wheels, suspension, chip, cams, ind kit (but not all of these were fitted to all the cars)

I take it thats not available any more is it??

soamer

soamer
Jan 8, 2007
telford
i remember when i was looking for a hot hatch at the time, the dealer said their was 50 made for the uk and the price was around 40 to 45k.
i ended up buying a williams clio
dose any one still do the f2 kits?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
i remember when i was looking for a hot hatch at the time, the dealer said their was 50 made for the uk and the price was around 40 to 45k.
i ended up buying a williams clio
dose any one still do the f2 kits?

Your dealer was a liar :)

they never needed to make the car, and never did

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Your dealer was a liar :)

they never needed to make the car, and never did

hence the phrase 'Kit Cars'

only the kits to be able to make a sufficent number were required - possibly why dealers accessory brochures listed the squirrel tail and F2 bumpers

Can only buy the front bumper and spoiler. The front bumper I got was actually too wide for my car and had to be bent in slightly.

Wide arches for the ibiza where made by RSD, and they were planning on bringing a replica fibreglass kit out but after recent enquires they are no longer doin so far.

However someone on here does have the front arches, so if someone took moulds we could have half the kit. Just the back half we can't source.

soamer

soamer
Jan 8, 2007
telford
well my plan is to build one from a 16v over the winter for rallys and hill climbes and shows i can get the six speed gbox and the suspention the only bits are arches

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
Can remember seeing the PR car at the motorshow in Birmingham - must have been 1996? Anyway, I agree, they were quoting a price close to £40k and I just remembered thinking cool as it was, it was a lot of money for a hot hatch. Not surprised it didn't sell.

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Visit site
I have a complete set of F2 arches, front and rear - have been considering getting some moulds made but this is quite expensive - Flapper was going to get his mate to quote for this ??? got a few other people to ask also.

Trouble is, the costs of the moulds needs to be offset by the sales of the panels and I dont think enough people would want them for the cost per panel to be reasonable - would be very cool though as once you have moulds you can have kevlar, carbon, carbon-kevlar (very cool), fibreglass, whatever depending on what you want to spend

I have fronts fitted to my hillclimb car presently:

widearchpaint1b.jpg

This is with a Reiger Cordoba front bumper that was total garbage - ripped it off first time on the road

oulton3.jpg

The 'F2' bumper thats available, in fibreglass, will not fit the wide arches - I had to stretch my std plastic bumper to fit - the F2 arches are seriously wide !

I also have fibreglass doors, boot and bonnet.

Of course if I had a list of people who were intersted, then I could price the project up....

Rob

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise