robertj's LCR. New track toy in the garage

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
I'll put up the video when I get it off the camera. there seems to have been a lot of vibration transmitted through the camera mount which is disappointing though as I've seen good results with this mount. I'll have to work on some kind of damping for next time.

Next time try mounting the camera to the driver's seat, your body stops the seat back from vibrating so you get nice clean videos ;)

Either that or carry a passenger....

robertj

weight is the enemy
Next time try mounting the camera to the driver's seat, your body stops the seat back from vibrating so you get nice clean videos ;)

Either that or carry a passenger....

That was with a passenger. It maybe that my suspension is very hard on track settings, so I'm going to see if I can find a damper of some kind to sit between the camera and the mount.

Unfortunately I have lost all the footage anyway, as it seems the SD card was corrupt! Very annoying, I'm still trying to recover it but it isn't looking promising. Brand new card as well :cry:

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
That was with a passenger. It maybe that my suspension is very hard on track settings, so I'm going to see if I can find a damper of some kind to sit between the camera and the mount.

Unfortunately I have lost all the footage anyway, as it seems the SD card was corrupt! Very annoying, I'm still trying to recover it but it isn't looking promising. Brand new card as well :cry:

:doh: What a pain!

Really strange to hear you got a lot of vibration, was making smooth videos when I was on track on FK coilovers.

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z297/csd_19/Knockhill/?action=view&current=wheeloff.flv

Hope you manage to get a solution for the rattle. I wonder if its the headrest rattling in its holes?

robertj

weight is the enemy
:doh: What a pain!

Really strange to hear you got a lot of vibration, was making smooth videos when I was on track on FK coilovers.

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z297/csd_19/Knockhill/?action=view&current=wheeloff.flv

Hope you manage to get a solution for the rattle. I wonder if its the headrest rattling in its holes?

Just watched your video, and that is much smoother than mine was. Although on coilovers you still have the benefit of the standard shocks I guess. I've got the KW Clubsports which have settings from "Hard" to "F*****G Hard" ;)

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Just watched your video, and that is much smoother than mine was. Although on coilovers you still have the benefit of the standard shocks I guess. I've got the KW Clubsports which have settings from "Hard" to "F*****G Hard" ;)

:D lol

I was on the Konigsports which have the adjustable Konis, they were set to the firmest setting. I certainly reckon they were still softer than your Clubsports and their proper track settings!

Maybe try swapping the mount to the driver's seat, see if it might point to a headrest post rattle on the passenger seat?

robertj

weight is the enemy
Well having owned this car from new pretty much, (ex demonstrator) coming up on 6 years this May today I had the very first coil pack failure. So I can't complain really.
£135 later and 10 minutes work and all 4 are replaced as a precaution, fault codes deleted and ready for another 6 years. (maybe!) But i have 3 spares now to get me out of trouble if I need them.
Next stop, the new Snetterton 300 circuit at the end of March.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Good, news, you are human, lol.

Mine were the same, almost 7 years without a failure but all 4 failed in quick succession post mapping.

Finallly I have been catching my car up with your cars spec.
As I've said before one of my favourite cars on here.

brad1

Yep, that's what I heard too. Mine was No 4 that went as well.

My very first coilpack failure happened to me on the way to work after having the car for just 4 months. I limped it to work which was another 5 mins away and got vagcom on it. Guess what, cylinder 4. So I borrowed a mates spare coil pack which got me home and I bought 4 new coilpacks and spark plugs next day. I always carry two spare with me ;)

robertj

weight is the enemy
My very first coilpack failure happened to me on the way to work after having the car for just 4 months. I limped it to work which was another 5 mins away and got vagcom on it. Guess what, cylinder 4. So I borrowed a mates spare coil pack which got me home and I bought 4 new coilpacks and spark plugs next day. I always carry two spare with me ;)

Bizaar! What is it with cylinder 4 then?

I notice you have a 3" TIP Brad. Do you notice any difference or are you just preparing for a BT conversion?