robertj's LCR. New track toy in the garage

robertj

weight is the enemy
Just a quick update today.
The Clio has its new livery .

And then yesterday we bought this.......

Found on Pistonheads. Not as good as the other one but its a good starting point and plenty of benefits of racing two cars the same, like parts sharing and as they are the same colour, body panels can be shared too.
Collecting it next week from just south of Newcastle which is a 4 and a half hour drive each way from me so that should be fun.

All we need now are some more sponsors!:blink:

robertj

weight is the enemy
After seeing Grahams81-Leon 4wd thread raising it's head I thought I'd dip back in to my rather dormant thread!

I actually stillown my LCR although it's been sitting looking sorry for itself under a cover for a couple of years after blowing a head gasket at Thruxton.
My petrol head fix now comes mainly from racing my Clio 172 Cup which I've been developing over the past few years and is now regularly at the sharp end of the grid.
I'm currently in 2 minds whether to convert the Leon into a fully fledged race car or restore it and move it on after a while. There can't be too many 1 owner cars around so might be a shame to strip it and race it.

Clio racing antics on this thread

45047243_330326901102511_6915598371122053120_o.jpg
IMG_5711.JPEG

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
sure has

Reactions: robertj

robertj

weight is the enemy
sure has

Just read it right through! Thanks.

Reactions: Manic172

robertj

weight is the enemy
What did you think???? All Input is greatly appreciated

Very entertaining. Nice to see good quality components being used and some thought going into it.
Slightly concerned by the amount of effort going into the bodywork if you’re going to race it though! Any small nudges will put paid to all that lovely filling and blending! If it’s just time attack then you’re all good.
Looking forward to seeing those wheels on too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.