robertj's LCR. New track toy in the garage

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Just read this thread. Lovely well kept LCR.

However, you make me want to track mine ;)

robertj

weight is the enemy
For the rubber fettishists!

DSC_0235.jpg

Since Goodyear stopped making the GSD3s I've been struggling to find a decent alternative. I've tried the new F1 assymetrics and was so dissapointed I changed them before they ran out of life. (part worn pair in the garage if anyone's interested!) and I had managed to find one of the last sets of GSD3s in the country for the last change. But alas they have finally given up the ghost so a new set of Yokohama Parada Spec 2s went on today. Very sexy tread pattern but are they any good? We'll see over the next few months.

Anyone with experience of these I'd be interested to hear.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
My ESP is always off and it's been alright in the wet :whistle:
You'll find pretty quickly where their limit is in the wet so you know how hard you can push, I've got Weitec coilover's 25mm FARB, 28mm RARB and F&R strut braces, in the wet it just under steers, if you push it too hard into a bend.
They also were'nt too bad in the snow.

robertj

weight is the enemy
Hmmmm same decision as me
What ones have you been looking at ??
Forge fmic, pipe worx dp and decat

I keep coming back to the forge one despite the temptation of the cheaper universal ones around that plenty of people have fitted on here. I'm just not sure I trust their performance.
I don't think I'd go the decat route at the moment, just too much hassle at MOT time. Jabba quoted me for a Miltek race cat a while back but they were on a long order time so didn't bother at the time. I'm going to have to do something soon though because the original CAT is looking pretty ropey under the car now and the heat sheild or guard is clinging on for dear life!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I'm surprised for your lack of love for the Asymmetrics, I love them and am looking forward to being able to afford the Asymmetric 2's soon.

robertj

weight is the enemy
I'm surprised for your lack of love for the Asymmetrics, I love them and am looking forward to being able to afford the Asymmetric 2's soon.

You know Willie, I really tried to like them because I was expecting to like them but maybe it was my style of driving or maybe mine came from an odd batch but they just never felt like they had the bite of the GSD3s, especially in highspeed corners where the front end just seemed to wash out too much.
As an everyday road tyre they were absolutely fine really except for those moments when you need a little more traction.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I kicked the ass out of mine at Knockhill and the only issue I had was side wall flex, mild but noticable
This was with OEM power but handling wise for a road tyre I loved them.

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Great LCR!!! Well set up and another great looking silver one... im sure there is a fight between us and the platt grey lot .

Interested in 3"DP/Race cat or FMIC next also... swinging towards the FMIC or the Forge SMIC's

robertj

weight is the enemy
Great LCR!!! Well set up and another great looking silver one... im sure there is a fight between us and the platt grey lot .

Interested in 3"DP/Race cat or FMIC next also... swinging towards the FMIC or the Forge SMIC's

I'm subscribed to your thread actually! Another nice LCR you have there. What is this Forge SMIC. I must have missed something because I wasn't aware they were doing one? (or is it 2 to replace the originals?)

robertj

weight is the enemy
So this is what greeted me today after the wife complained of "something wrong" with the car :blink:
IMG_1607.jpg

Middle fuse blown which I suspect protects the fans as she described the car overheating and the aircon playing silly buggers.
I fear the NIME unit I fitted a couple of years ago has packed up but I shall be inspecting in the morning.

robertj

weight is the enemy
New track toy.
But I'm keeping the LCR too. Just can't bring myself to part with it for the moment.
DSC_0545.jpg

DSC_0548.jpg

DSC_0551.jpg

DSC_0521.jpg

DSC_0519.jpg

DSC_0516.jpg

I'm running the 350Z with sponsors for track day hire. The sponsors will get to come and drive the car on track with us with tuition (so we keep it one piece) several times a year.
So far the sponsorship money has covered the cost of purchasing the car and all the preparation. It will also cover the cost of the track days, insurance etc. We'll just keep our fingers crossed that we have no mega expensive mechanical bills during the year :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.